Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prican1

Info needed on Camper purchase

5 posts in this topic

Thinking about getting a camper for the beach, any and all help will be appreciated. I'm looking for a camper no more than 18ft. (no slide on) sleeps 4 max., bathroom optional. I looked at many websites but I'm sure owners here can connect me with other sources. I have a Quigley and may sell it if I find the right camper. Prefer new but will entertain gently used, thanks in advance.

Not sure what beaches you're looking to camp on, but Long Island beaches require self contained bathroom.

I recommend going to any local dealers and get a look inside some campers. Find out whats important to you and floor plans you prefer. The you can look at some classifieds and see it there is anything similar to what you want. There's always someone looking to get out from under a camper after they find out its too much work for them.

Any other specific questions, post them and I can try and help. I started with a 24' no slide out, have upgraded to a 31' triple slide out. (3 growing kids and 3 dogs forced the upgrade)

There is not much that is going to be motor driven and under 18' long.

You may have to up that a bunch, there are a few class A conversions that have been done that may work.

Good luck in your search I am looking for a class C 22' + or minus a couple of feet with a rear bed no slide.

It looks like I am going to settle for 24' , the smaller stuff people are just not letting go of. 

FYI a Coachmen 21QB would be the bomb converted to 4WD. Good luck in your search.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:55 PM, Geo67 said:

Not sure what beaches you're looking to camp on, but Long Island beaches require self contained bathroom.

I recommend going to any local dealers and get a look inside some campers. Find out whats important to you and floor plans you prefer. The you can look at some classifieds and see it there is anything similar to what you want. There's always someone looking to get out from under a camper after they find out its too much work for them.

Any other specific questions, post them and I can try and help. I started with a 24' no slide out, have upgraded to a 31' triple slide out. (3 growing kids and 3 dogs forced the upgrade)

I'll be hanging out at Demo, you basically have a house on wheels and I'm sure your enjoying every minute! I fish alot and it would be used mostly on the weekends for the wife and 2 teens. I'll take your advice and checkout some dealers and see what comes up, thanks for the info.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:38 AM, CapeDave said:

There is not much that is going to be motor driven and under 18' long.

You may have to up that a bunch, there are a few class A conversions that have been done that may work.

Good luck in your search I am looking for a class C 22' + or minus a couple of feet with a rear bed no slide.

It looks like I am going to settle for 24' , the smaller stuff people are just not letting go of. 

FYI a Coachmen 21QB would be the bomb converted to 4WD. Good luck in your search.

Thanks for the info Dave, beachfront property whenever you wan't is great! Then you just pack up and leave whenever you wan't, can't beat that!! I'll keep searching and see if I can find what I'm looking for, appreciate your info.