fdhog

What Do You Spool Your Reels With

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Sudsy said:

You dog !!

Are you the guy that bought out the stash ?

I missed it by days :banghd:

Been using Ande Braid for years.....had a pretty good supply of the old stuff..... the new stuff is just as good.

Cool, it's been a while since I had to buy braid, didn't know it was back out.

Loved... LOVED the old stuff. 

Had one 300 yd spool I picked up on closeout somewhere. Used it for a fall, wanted to spool more reels with it in the spring but couldn't find it any more.

Spoke to (forget his name, the guy in Fla who was/is importing Ande products) he said it had been too expensive to make and they dropped it from the line. Someone had just contacted him and bought the last handful of spools he had there.

I was crushed

Edited by Sudsy

Is it the exact same as the old stuff, or a little bit different ?

Best open beach long casting braid I ever used (not that I've used a lot of different brands)

Good stuff and the coating stays on unlike the original...............it was brought back by request. Just a darker charcoal / black color like fireline, not the aqua marine like my old Ande Braid.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

I might be a minority here, I don't like the sufix 832.  Fuzz up easily, pick up tons of water, on baitcaster means wet hand.   I prefer the original sufix performance braid over it.  That being said, based on scoobydoo's recommendation, I tried berkley braid, I love that stuff. I picked up enough berkley tracer braid during their clearance that will last me at least 10+ years.