What Do You Spool Your Reels With

Rate this topic

fdhog

30 lbs PP slick 8 on one reel, fireline original smoke 14 lbs on a 6500 BLS spinfisher, fireline crystal 14 brand new just spooled on another reel planning to use next week.

(Fingers crosses nothing crazy comes up that keeps me home instead of fishing.)

Good luck!

Depends.  I'll fish Sufix 832 10# on my 7' M and MH rods.  15# Sufix 832 on my 8' MH rod, 20# Sufix 832 on my 9' custom 1081L and 20# suffix 832 on my St Croix Legend 10'6".  I am fishing, when I am fishing these days, on open beach and find the strength of these lines more than adequate.  Lets not forget that the rating in not the actual breaking strength.

BTW, do you notice I am partial to Sufix 832.  Bright yellow is my color.

Since completely committing to braid I’ve always liked power pro, recently switched to the slick a few seasons ago 20, 30, 40lb tests for surf setups also been playing with lowering tests on larger reels and trying to develop and maintain confidence throwing heavier plugs on lower tests. One of my 150’s is running 20lb on a 9’ 2-4 and has yet to break off a 4-4.5oz bait I do notice an increase in the casting distance  especially on the lighter plugs. Only notable drawback is Snaggy areas jigging but that’s gonna happen with anything.