Seeweed

All star Breakaway rod

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I have an old 11’9” 2 piece/1 piece. One wrapped conventional bait. The other I’m wrapping for a heavy jetty spinning. Had them when they first came out. Bought them from the “Pres” Bill Clinton from New Dolphin BT in Seaside long ago. 

From what hat I understand they are pretty sought after, so my father in law tells me

I didn't much care for the spinning as they were built with over sized heavy bsvlg or similar heavy guides which dampened the action somewhat. I did and still do like the 

Breakaway 11-9 aka AS1418 in conventional build . Still have 3 and also bought one for a friend from Levari. 

It was Nick from Breakaway who got me into distance casting back around 1998 at a seminar at Fishermans HQ. 

Edited by connman

The 1418 is a great rod for long distance bait casting. Reeled in many fish in the 30 and 40 # when fishing was adequate in NJ. Still own two of them.

My two conventionals that I’m never selling are a 1509 Heaver and a 1209 Canal Jig Rod. All

customs, but as Brian said great blanks. Sorry no spinning.

2 hours ago, HolyHogy said:

Why is the 1209 blank so special?

Excellent blank for heavy jigs ( 4-6oz). Excels in fighting big fish in strong currents. Like a broom stick for jigging and sufficient flexibility for fighting fish.