FlatWing

WTS - All Star Rod

15 posts in this topic

12ft 6in Breakaway LDFS123-2H built on an All-Star BGSW 1477-2 Blank (2-5oz) that I rebuilt as a Spinning NGC rod using Fuji BMN0G Guides, Japanese Shrink Wrap handle and Plate type Reel Seat - Pictures below - $250.00 Firm plus shipping or we can meet in Ocean or Monmouth Counties in NJ.

0808161929.jpg

0808161930.jpg

0808161930a.jpg

0808161930b.jpg

Length is typo in my OP - picture of rod where I hand lettered the specs from the original Breakaway decal says 12ft 3inch. I appreciate your offer of a trade, however, I have an abundance of fishing tackle both Fly, light, medium and heavy surf/bay. Since my lumbar and cervical spine damage is progressing, I have a need to get rid of the heavy stuff and acquire cash to help with mine and my wife's medical bills that are not covered by insurance. I will, however, consider a reasonable cash offer.

Thanks for looking. 

Does it like lighter weights or lean towards the heavy end?

i like all stars/breakaways but my offer on this rod might be considered too low so ill wait and watch post

I, had no problem throwing 2oz aerodynamic lures up to 5oz and a Clam tongue. It will put the latter and a 4oz Plugcaster Pencil over the outer bar with an overhead thump, standing on dry sand - it was my favorite rod for working big pencils, but my right hand nerve damage doesn't allow me to work those plugs anymore.

If it helps, I can go down to $200.00 cash with us meeting up somewhere from IBSP south. 

That's a nice rod. FlatWing builds really top notch rods. I have a heaver he made. Im having health problem also or I would be all over it. If  someone doesnt grabs it soon, we will have to talk and make that meet at the Outlets. Hope You are feeling better.

Edited by Catchg22

Mulling it over.

my only issue is i have a 123 wrapped conventional and it is much different then you describe.

i have been using it s a light heaver ...6-8oz plus bait.

much stiffer then 2-5oz.

was wondering if i got an odd blank.

wold like to meet up and check it out

Bucket:

Are wanting to meet up during the week or on weekends?  If on a weekday I need advance notice as I usually have 1-3 Medical  appointments, plus my wife's (cancer related) medical appointments.  In the meantime, I am attaching the All-Star blank specification chart from the era (pre 2004) when I was buying the ones that I have or have since sold.

All Star Blanks Chart.jpg