It’s time for the SOL Christmas Family Auction! Will you help?

Rate this topic

Southcoastphil

We helped put HUGE smiles on many faces last Christmas.  

As a long-time fly fisherman (even though some of you make fun of my old 7-, 8- and 9-wt SH rods!) I'm asking you all to consider helping us to help others this Christmas by donating items for our annual auction and/or bidding on the soon-to-appear lots.

The short version for this year is helping Hard-working folks who can’t catch a break.

Info re who we've helped, the hard-working folks we will help, and how to donate can be found here:

Perhaps when you read this you'll share my opinion that a striking out during a cinder worm hatch is hardly a tragedy when compared to what some of these folks have gone through.  (I could use many other analogies, but you get the picture.)

Could you perhaps donate a fly line, a book, some flies, or a reel?  If so, your donations will result in gratitude, smiles and laughter, from folks who've had very little reason for any of them.

Thanks for at least considering this.

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

If anyone is interested, some of us are tying flies to be auctioned off together to benefit the Christmas family...details are in a thread on the fly tying forum.  Or you can help out and bid on the flies once they are posted for sale :)