chessie_yaker

Computer OS question

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Trying to force a computer into repair mode so I can do the sethc to cmd trick... win7pro SSD... pulled the cord a bunch of times and can’t get the thing to default to the windows repair because it wants to do the Lenovo repair. Even started that and pulled the plug before it got to the login screen and I can’t trick the turd. Any ideas? 

F8 goes to the Lenovo garbage

Edited by chessie_yaker

I do have the install disk, but no recovery/reset disk. This was dropped in my lap to figure out. The problem is I need the config to stick and just access cmd after boot, but before/at login

Edited by chessie_yaker

From Google:

Booting to Command Prompt in Windows XP and 7 is easy; simply start your computer, and at the initial boot screen, press F8.

Note that you must press it before Windows itself starts loading – if you see the start-up logo, you’ve missed it. We find that the best way is to just repeatedly press the F8 key as soon as you turn on the machine.

Doing so will open the Advanced Options Menu. From here select 'Safe Mode with Command Prompt’.

Windows will open a command Prompt window and begin loading all the necessary drivers. Once it’s finished, you’ll be all set to begin using the command terminal.

The problem with that was it goes to the Lenovo recovery. Not a fan of Lenovo bios. Any other machine it would go to the windows option for repair, this one, not so much. 

2 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

From Google:

Booting to Command Prompt in Windows XP and 7 is easy; simply start your computer, and at the initial boot screen, press F8.

Note that you must press it before Windows itself starts loading – if you see the start-up logo, you’ve missed it. We find that the best way is to just repeatedly press the F8 key as soon as you turn on the machine.

Doing so will open the Advanced Options Menu. From here select 'Safe Mode with Command Prompt’.

Windows will open a command Prompt window and begin loading all the necessary drivers. Once it’s finished, you’ll be all set to begin using the command terminal.

If F8 doesn't work, try F2.

2 mins ago, dena said:

If F8 doesn't work, try F2.

New problem that I’ve never had... when trying to copy and paste CMD inside of sys32 it’s just opening CMD on the paste... 

10 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Lenovo lol. Toss it.

I wish I could. I was told they get dell at a discount through GSA. I said great get one of these and this power supply and this video card, I’ll put them in. Then they give me this turd. “Eet jus as good as da deyls.” No, no it isn’t. 

2 hours ago, chessie_yaker said:

Trying to force a computer into repair mode so I can do the sethc to cmd trick... win7pro SSD... pulled the cord a bunch of times and can’t get the thing to default to the windows repair because it wants to do the Lenovo repair. Even started that and pulled the plug before it got to the login screen and I can’t trick the turd. Any ideas? 

F8 goes to the Lenovo garbage

Shift and restart.