Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belmo

Anroid Wi-Fi Question for the Techno Geeks

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

My crap phone, an LG Charge X, has a problem, and it's bothering me, because otherwise, even though the phone was dirt cheap, it works perfectly for me.

Here's the issue: every time I connect to wi-fi, it drops the signal after just a few minutes. I know it's an issue with my phone, and not the wi-fi, because A) we have a bunch of other crap (Amazon Fire Stick, Echo, laptops, etc.) hooked up to wireless network, and none of them drop the signal this way; and 2) ma phone does the same thing at work. The wi-fi will be connected, I'll look at the dang phone 5 minutes later, and the wi-fi connection will be dropped, and when I look at the network, the stupid phone says it is "disabled." But when I reconnect manually, the phone hooks back up to wi-fi -- for another 4 minutes, until it disconnects automatically again.

I've looked at all the wireless settings, and even did a factory reset, and none of that crap worked. I even took it to the clowns at Cricket, my wireless provider, and the people there were -- big surprise :D -- useless. Does anyone here now how to fix it? I gotta do something, because this is driving me nuts.

2 mins ago, Fish it all said:

Thanks. I saw that, but that's not my issue: my phone DOES connect automatically. It just doesn't hold the connection. It drops it after about 5 minutes. It really sucks when the connection drops when I'm in the middle of an episode of Leave it to Beaver Firing Line Acapulco H.E.A.T. and the signal drops.

There's no rhyme or reason to it, as far as I can tell. But it does it every time.

But if you read down a few posts a user was having the same dropped wifi issues and went into his router and locked in the static ip address that the phone pulled up and also  unchecked "Clear DHCP lease for inactive clients periodically" (turned it off).

seemed to solve their connection problems. 

2 mins ago, Fish it all said:

But if you read down a few posts a user was having the same dropped wifi issues and went into his router and locked in the static ip address that the phone pulled up and also  unchecked "Clear DHCP lease for inactive clients periodically" (turned it off).

seemed to solve their connection problems. 

I will try that when I get home. Thank you! :howdy: