Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JEFFSOD

Thomas & Thomas NSII 9ft 6in 6/7wt Fly Rod For Sale

10 posts in this topic

I have a brand new four piece 9ft 6in Thomas & Thomas NSII (no sanctuary) 6/7 weight I am offering for sale. The rod is brand new never been fished. Rod is labeled a 6wt but is very fast action and can easily throw a 7 weight making it a great Steelhead fly rod. This rod has salt capable components along with a fighting butt. Comes with factory rod sock but no storage tube.

Price is $375.00 plus shipping cost from MA. Not looking for trades or offers at this time. Thank you.

Will add photos later.

Just to comment on this rod selling thread .... I own this particular rod and have fished it for 2 years now on Spring time Stripers (and Shad). This is a FREAKING AWESOME rod. Definitely a 7wt in my hands ... and it will throw 7wt Wulff Monoclear Type 1 Intermediate Triangular Taper 105 feet (full length of the line) with JOY.

I have this rod paired with a Tibor Freestone and / or Islander FR1. Rarely am I so pleased by a new rod as I was with this puppy. And yeah ... I paid $100 more then this gent's asking price.

So for what it's worth .... you would be doing yourself a favor in fishing this rod IMHO.

Not sure if this helps mako but the orginal in the series was the NS and it was only in 905 that was in 2012. In 2013 they added a 906 both of these were in the original NS series. I purchased a NS II 906 and I believe that was in 2015 and the other variants were available in the series at that time. These were developed when T&T was under the ownership of Mark Richen (think that was his name) who also owns a atlantic salmon lodge in Canada. Anyway , if I recall correctly the NS II series remained in the stable under the new & current owner Neville Orsmond who I believe took over in late 2015 and I think they retired it when the Avantt was released just under 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure it was still on their web site even when the Spire which preceeded the Avantt was released.

Edited by PS