john1234

1 popular lure you just can’t seem to catch with

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Roddy said:

any solid white wood swimmer.

in the last 8 seasons I got 1 fish on one,that was 2 seasons ago.

before that it was 7 seasons I threw them and the fish ignored them with clearly there feeding.

one night I threw a large one and it got slammed,I almost didn't set the hook I was so surprised,,have not had a touch on it since.

HH

Also I have zero confidence in most jointed swimbaits

2 mins ago, bobber said:

Mag Darter  I've got some that are 15 years old-   I've rplaced hooks and still throw 'em.   just don't catch **** on them

It seems like all of my go to plugs are low on everyone else’s list......wonder if our fishing style has a lot to do with it.

37 mins ago, Dah seee said:

Sebile Stick Shad. No matter how I work this plug I still have no confidence in it. 

Second on this,i have original and knock offs no confidence.

During blitz situations i use the magic swimmer and wood.

SP minnow and SS poppers. Tried them numerous times day and night and they always lose their places in my bag for stuff that catches fish better. 

Edited by VanStaalSteve

1 hour ago, XBMX said:

Try imparting a kind of half-hearted pencil action with a pause now and then. Erratic is good. 

On the surface? My needles are all sinkers, never caught.

Was throwing one.in heavy surf/wind last weekend.

There isn't a lure that doesn't work at some point. Everyone has their favorite.I can't think of one lure that wouldn't catch a bass you could probably skip a rigged hot dog across the surface and catch a striper. 

2 mins ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

There isn't a lure that doesn't work at some point. Everyone has their favorite.I can't think of one lure that wouldn't catch a bass you could probably skip a rigged hot dog across the surface and catch a striper. 

I laughed visualizing this, TYVM lol

10 mins ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

Most lures will catch stripers sometimes but there are only a few lures that catch bass most of the time. 

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Second on this,i have original and knock offs no confidence.

During blitz situations i use the magic swimmer and wood.

I've had two days (total) that I can say with confidence the swim shad outperformed the magic swimmer. Otherwise I've always had far better luck on the magic swimmer.

Rigged sluggo for me (not counting on a heavy jighead in the canal).

I've switched between rigged sluggos and eels both live and rigged and always go back to the eels leaving the sluggos forgotten.

35 mins ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

100% accurate . I just can’t seem to be at the right place/time for a select few lures...consistently .,. As far as the hot dog goes.... I’m sure someone on the site has painted a DOC brown 

4 hours ago, john1234 said:

Also I have zero confidence in most jointed swimbaits

I have a few and they have been used a lot,they are scarred,twisted off center a bit and such but,they do work.

HH