john1234

1 popular lure you just can’t seem to catch with

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

any solid white wood swimmer.

in the last 8 seasons I got 1 fish on one,that was 2 seasons ago.

before that it was 7 seasons I threw them and the fish ignored them with clearly there feeding.

one night I threw a large one and it got slammed,I almost didn't set the hook I was so surprised,,have not had a touch on it since.

HH

SP Minnow. To be fair, I am in Florida fishing for big snook. I have used the bone color and the silver side / black back models and can’t get a bite. Most of the places I fish are shallow and I occasionally bump the bottom, so I know I am down there. Then if I tie on a rubber shad or jig/paddletail I get hooked up. I wish I knew what I am doing wrong.

53 mins ago, Livliner said:

Needlefish is my problem plug too. Have several colors in floaters and sinkers but can't seem to catch with them. My new strategy next year will be to go out a few tines with less plugs in my bag. Force the low producers and myself to work a little harder.  NOT !  I say that all the time but never do it.

Hah! I tried to tell myself the same thing. Always ended up just using the one bucktail I had at the bottom of the bag haha.

Surprised by all the SP comments, I feel like it fishes it’s self... but I can’t really talk. No matter how many times I tie one on... mag darters and heavy jigs (savagegear sand eels etc.) just won’t produce for me. 

Wow at the SP comments! I'm not shocked though.. to me when that lure is not working it really is not  working. For me it's the Tsunami Talkin Popper. Haven't caught a fish yet on the 5" smokey Joe colorway. I keep trying though lol 

2 hours ago, charles s said:

Needlefish for me as well ...

Try imparting a kind of half-hearted pencil action with a pause now and then. Erratic is good. 

35 mins ago, Big Will said:

I have no confidence in poppers, especially pencil poppers. Never caught a fish on one but never really tried  

Pencil is my absolute favorite way but there has to be fish around. Especially once you see a big blue crash over it 3 or 4 times.

For me its needles and metal lips. They come out for a few casts then go right back in.

Mag Darter  I've got some that are 15 years old-   I've rplaced hooks and still throw 'em.   just don't catch **** on them