john1234

1 popular lure you just can’t seem to catch with

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2019 at 8:17 PM, EastEndAngler said:

Super Strike Zig Zag :banghd:  I just never seem to catch on them or figure out what it should feel like when they are swimming right.

Usually work best in current. Cast slightly up tide, get it to grab by reeling in quick / jerking rod back , reel in slow. Let the darter sweep. Impact a few  twitches. 

You will feel slight tension when they are working. If you miss them from grabbing current it’s over 

On 11/12/2018 at 11:07 AM, DragonsLax48 said:

Needlefish frustrate the hell out of me. I had one fun night catching dinks. My problem is that I fish alone most of the time and I dont get to see others working this plug. Are you guys reeling the plug as slow as a darter? I usually throw a yellow eyed needle and I drag bottom on the slow pencil retreieve

Yes slow as darter. Wood needles slow. Superstike slow to medium. Like to feel rod thropping. 

31 mins ago, paulbo said:

Yes slow as darter. Wood needles slow. Superstike slow to medium. Like to feel rod thropping. 

I also like to impart a very slight and subtle twitch to them. Bill Wetzel explains it in one of his videos, just a slight wiggle of the rod. But I'm still le ass running needles myself.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that can't catch on a needlefish. Anyone remember those waxwings? I thought they would be killer in the spring on the flats but nope, just killer on your wallet.