john1234

1 popular lure you just can’t seem to catch with

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

Metal Lips and darters. I've got more than a few but just can't seem to get it right. Needlefish were on that list until a few weeks ago. I figured it out, now I never leave home without one in big surf.

15 mins ago, john1234 said:

Wow I’m surprised by the sp

It's probably more a lack of trying than anything else.  I rarely cast/retrieve for Bass, and almost never fish from land for them.

Most of the time I'm either bait fishing or trolling, and when I do cast, it's usually with a Rattle Trap, for smaller fish, and not for that long.

Needle. Granted, I don't fish them often or long enough. Never caught on one so I have no confidence in them. I was crushing them on an SP one night and switched to a needle, got one bump so there is still hope...

Tsunami swimshads.  I am not kidding, even when I have one on, fish would hit the teaser. :freak:  Usually get replace by a bucktail after some practice casts.  Simply not the right give for me. :shrug:

Needlefish is my problem plug too. Have several colors in floaters and sinkers but can't seem to catch with them. My new strategy next year will be to go out a few tines with less plugs in my bag. Force the low producers and myself to work a little harder.  NOT !  I say that all the time but never do it.