blacklabnh

Any plug builders near Portsmouth NH? Looking to finish plugs from 8 years ago :)

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I have a bunch of unfinished plugs from when I co-owned BC Plugs down in Central NJ and am looking to get them completed. These where test plugs that we sealed with Waterlox and then tested different configurations of lips, belly weights, hooks and how they are configured (cut, split ring) etc. I don't have a shop or a place indoors to  work on finishing these this winter. I am looking for someone who has shop with a good airbrush setup w/ spraybooth to finish these and several more I have.

I will share my knowledge and some of the finished work. I don't want to do these with rattle cans and etex. Would like to use createx and component systems for clearcoat which you can spray :) 

14856092_10210424200377030_5416402252897364494_o.jpg

I wish you were closer would love to have someone come and play, I mean work in the shop with me. How does that component systems clear turn out? What kind of gun to you spray it with? High build? Clean up? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

the component systems finish is awesome!!!! All credit to Big Don for sharing. It is what we used on BC Plugs. 

Corey did all the finish work but I remember he did use a medium tip airbrush (I thing badger)to spray it not a special gun. Trick was to do 6 light coats. 

Edited by blacklabnh

Hey Brian long time no see.  If you want to send them here ill finish them for you.  Don't stop by here as much as i used to.  Hope you are well.