Slowwwride

What kind of dog do you have

Rate this topic

2,944 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, rocco said:

that's pretty nutty we both have dogs born on the same day as our kids. i'm not good at math but that doesn't seem like a common thing.

your tank looks awesome, love the scape, especially the branch rock. is that a clarkii peeking out from the anemone? what size tank is that at 90g? i'm running an old red sea max 250 and started a 20 long nano in my daughters room that was originally going to be a softy tank that i could move the clowns and anemones into, but i am dropping lps and a montipora in there already and the clowns are still in the 250 :laugh:

for my 250, i'm also looking to get the gsp out of there entirely as its basically a pest. i also have vermetids pretty bad that i want gone, and recently some aiptasia. plus my rocks are just stacked and unstable, although it is really gorgeous prime rock. i was planning on taking this to a full blow acropora dominate tank, but i'm second guessing those plans all the time now.

i keep threatening to start a reefer thread one of these days, and i definitely will, but i know it will confuse way more people here than could actually legit post in it. and i could go on all day asking about your alk supplementation, nutrient levels, etc. 

Lol.

Yes, it's a 90 and thanks! The clown is a cinnamon. I've had him a while and he's a nasty effer. He bites! I may add an acrobat some point but it won't be dominated ever. Too much work with that stuff. I like my softies and LPS. Montis are easy and grow like weeds. I would like more zoas. Only have the fruit loops and some other kind that I don't know the name. The ones in the back on the branch are some kinda palythoa. They're cool too but don't know the name. CSJ's damn anemone is taking over the tank. It has split 3 times and grows like crazy. I'm probably going to have to remove a few. 

Yeah, it is crazy about the dogs/kids bdays. Can't be a common thing at all. 

I've tried to get tank threads going but they fizzle quick. I used to see a lot of tanks in customers houses when I worked in Ocean County. I see almost none in Middlesex county. I guess it's a regional hobby? 

On 6/28/2022 at 2:25 PM, Scallywag said:

Lol.

Yes, it's a 90 and thanks! The clown is a cinnamon. I've had him a while and he's a nasty effer. He bites! I may add an acrobat some point but it won't be dominated ever. Too much work with that stuff. I like my softies and LPS. Montis are easy and grow like weeds. I would like more zoas. Only have the fruit loops and some other kind that I don't know the name. The ones in the back on the branch are some kinda palythoa. They're cool too but don't know the name. CSJ's damn anemone is taking over the tank. It has split 3 times and grows like crazy. I'm probably going to have to remove a few. 

Yeah, it is crazy about the dogs/kids bdays. Can't be a common thing at all. 

I've tried to get tank threads going but they fizzle quick. I used to see a lot of tanks in customers houses when I worked in Ocean County. I see almost none in Middlesex county. I guess it's a regional hobby? 

I guess acrobat = acropora :huh:  when everything is going right they are awesome and not too hard, but there is little room to get lazy or taking your eyes off things. It can be an equipment malfunction or life event outside of the aquarium that brings on a crash and those really suck. 

I have a pair of ocellaris clowns and they are biting dicks too. At least they aren’t too big. 90 is a nice size but I really want a 120. Maybe when we get the house paid off lol. 

21 mins ago, rocco said:

I guess acrobat = acropora :huh:  when everything is going right they are awesome and not too hard, but there is little room to get lazy or taking your eyes off things. It can be an equipment malfunction or life event outside of the aquarium that brings on a crash and those really suck. 

I have a pair of ocellaris clowns and they are biting dicks too. At least they aren’t too big. 90 is a nice size but I really want a 120. Maybe when we get the house paid off lol. 

Damn autocorrect. Yeah, acropora. 

I seem to have a lot that puts the tank on the back burner, which is why I'm hesitant. 

My ocellaris couldn't be sweeter. They're black... Maybe that's why? 

I'm good with the 90 for now but if I ever upgrade, I'd like a 6' footprint tank. Go big or go home. 

Anyone ever have dog that gets so much anxiety in car it pukes with out fail almost ??? Any tips would be appreciated. My plan is to sit in car with off for alil then treat and leave car , then alil longer next time and longer after , then start with starting the car , then move on to short drives and get longer and longer .. I’m blowing through harbor freight moving blankets here lol 

he made it there today about 10 min away , but hurled on way home like a min from house . Had nice walk with my two boys tho 

2816CDE7-18FB-4E08-B98D-FE7B1E138CE0.jpeg

10 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Anyone ever have dog that gets so much anxiety in car it pukes with out fail almost ??? Any tips would be appreciated. My plan is to sit in car with off for alil then treat and leave car , then alil longer next time and longer after , then start with starting the car , then move on to short drives and get longer and longer .. I’m blowing through harbor freight moving blankets here lol 

he made it there today about 10 min away , but hurled on way home like a min from house . Had nice walk with my two boys tho 

2816CDE7-18FB-4E08-B98D-FE7B1E138CE0.jpeg

My bird dog would do that in the back seat of a car, but not in the front, or riding in my truck :shrug:

Dramamine *sp, seemed to help

10 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

My bird dog would do that in the back seat of a car, but not in the front, or riding in my truck :shrug:

Dramamine *sp, seemed to help

Interesting , I try front seat next time .. like said I think it more anxiety then motion sickness , but very well could be .. if I start the car before I put him in he will really fight to run and hide lol 

17 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Interesting , I try front seat next time .. like said I think it more anxiety then motion sickness , but very well could be .. if I start the car before I put him in he will really fight to run and hide lol 

It took my golden a bit to outgrow it.  Having the dog sit in the middle of the back seat so they can see out the front window, just like a person can help if it is motion sickness along with opening the windows an inch or 2 to get air flowing (or an ac vent in their direction).   If it is anxiety, then what you describe above will over time. 

Not too many treats if you do go for a ride but not an empty stomach either.

One trick used on the show circuit to prevent dog motion sickness is to limit your dog’s food consumption prior to travel. Then, right before the trip, give your dog a small piece of sugary candy (like a jellybean), which seems to reduce sensations of nausea.