Slowwwride

What kind of dog do you have

Rate this topic

3,188 posts in this topic

these were taken over the last few weeks, probably without a proper filter so heavy on the blues…

8586D0EA-3DBC-43F2-B443-1D2667ECE2CF.jpeg

EC3A35D1-113E-458C-B2D3-29904E4D47CF.jpeg

7492BC68-8E24-4118-B085-8C3D53A8662C.jpeg

AB9AF999-0240-42CB-ADFB-1EE975B246CA.jpeg

1 hour ago, rocco said:

how the hell are ya scally!? good to see you posting again :th:

yep, he's a springer, turned two in april and been with us since he was 8 weeks. same birthday as the kid.

i need to clean the glass and find my filters for a full tank shot, but let me see what i have on the phone. the tanks in transition mode and i'm not 100% sure what my next move is, but i added a bunch of frags last week LOL.

I'm good, man! Yeah I'm glad to be back. 

My dog will be two Sept 24th. Also the same birthday as my kid and we got him at 8 weeks.  

Tank looks great! I like the GSPs on the back. I have mine on a stand alone rock in the center but I have to trim them all the time. 

I like those zoas you have in the last pic. 

Heres a few of mine. I started adding coral last year. Can't believe I waited so long to do it. A lot easier than I thought. CSJ gave me a bunch of stuff when he broke down his tank. 

Sorry for mucking up the dog thread y'all. 

PXL_20220603_204939157.jpg

PXL_20220603_204319229.jpg

PXL_20220603_204449449.jpg

PXL_20220603_204424261.jpg

PXL_20220603_204246005.jpg

PXL_20220603_204304444.jpg

10 hours ago, Scallywag said:

I'm good, man! Yeah I'm glad to be back. 

My dog will be two Sept 24th. Also the same birthday as my kid and we got him at 8 weeks.  

Tank looks great! I like the GSPs on the back. I have mine on a stand alone rock in the center but I have to trim them all the time. 

I like those zoas you have in the last pic. 

Heres a few of mine. I started adding coral last year. Can't believe I waited so long to do it. A lot easier than I thought. CSJ gave me a bunch of stuff when he broke down his tank. 

Sorry for mucking up the dog thread y'all. 

PXL_20220603_204939157.jpg

PXL_20220603_204319229.jpg

PXL_20220603_204449449.jpg

PXL_20220603_204424261.jpg

PXL_20220603_204246005.jpg

PXL_20220603_204304444.jpg

that's pretty nutty we both have dogs born on the same day as our kids. i'm not good at math but that doesn't seem like a common thing.

your tank looks awesome, love the scape, especially the branch rock. is that a clarkii peeking out from the anemone? what size tank is that at 90g? i'm running an old red sea max 250 and started a 20 long nano in my daughters room that was originally going to be a softy tank that i could move the clowns and anemones into, but i am dropping lps and a montipora in there already and the clowns are still in the 250 :laugh:

for my 250, i'm also looking to get the gsp out of there entirely as its basically a pest. i also have vermetids pretty bad that i want gone, and recently some aiptasia. plus my rocks are just stacked and unstable, although it is really gorgeous prime rock. i was planning on taking this to a full blow acropora dominate tank, but i'm second guessing those plans all the time now.

i keep threatening to start a reefer thread one of these days, and i definitely will, but i know it will confuse way more people here than could actually legit post in it. and i could go on all day asking about your alk supplementation, nutrient levels, etc. 

1 min ago, rocco said:

that's a happy pooch :th: 

i can almost smell her from here too :b: 

Yeah, whenever my dogs get into saltwater they end up with the squirts later on.  

Ive been doing a lot of thinking lately, I have a two dogs, one older, and one who is 2.  When the older one goes, i'm not going to get another dog.  I'm actually sad about it, but I can't do another dog.

Its very hard when you want to go out and do things and no one lives near me to walk the dogs.. And i'm in an area where the dog walkers aren't readily available. 

I've had dogs for many many years.. I hate to say it, but no more

17 mins ago, Goldy said:

Ive been doing a lot of thinking lately, I have a two dogs, one older, and one who is 2.  When the older one goes, i'm not going to get another dog.  I'm actually sad about it, but I can't do another dog.

Its very hard when you want to go out and do things and no one lives near me to walk the dogs.. And i'm in an area where the dog walkers aren't readily available. 

I've had dogs for many many years.. I hate to say it, but no more

Your wife and kids will call bullspit on that !

3 hours ago, rocco said:

that's pretty nutty we both have dogs born on the same day as our kids. i'm not good at math but that doesn't seem like a common thing.

I was going to point that out last night, an amazing coincidence. 

1 min ago, MikeMc said:

I was going to point that out last night, an amazing coincidence. 

and reef tanks.

34 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

Your wife and kids will call bullspit on that !

I really hope you are wrong..  The pup was sprung on me after the older one died.  This covid pup knows nothing of me other than being home.

The issue is coverage, and it's a tremendous amount of work to have dogs as most know. 

4 mins ago, Goldy said:

I really hope you are wrong..  The pup was sprung on me after the older one died.  This covid pup knows nothing of me other than being home.

The issue is coverage, and it's a tremendous amount of work to have dogs as most know. 

I tried to tell my wife , let's take a 5 year break and decide after that . After a year and a half she started talking puppies agam . I was all no no no , then one day she came home with a little fur ball . It's a little hard to say no to a puppie.

20201121_183545.jpg

20200823_174513.jpg

20200112_191509.jpg

20200108_211012.jpg

3 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

I tried to tell my wife , let's take a 5 year break and decide after that . After a year and a half she started talking puppies agam . I was all no no no , then one day she came home with a little fur ball . It's a little hard to say no to a puppie.

20201121_183545.jpg

20200823_174513.jpg

20200112_191509.jpg

20200108_211012.jpg

You fell into the puppy trap..  EVERY ****IN PUPPY IS CUTE.  That's the issue.. 

I do miss my goldendoodle, the best temperament.  Maybe if she showed up with one now I would be like ok, but i'm setting the rules, if the older one goes, no more dogs, I will be a single dog house until this one goes.  AND NEVER EVER EVER A PUPPY AGAIN