Aquacide

Paradise, CA

Rate this topic

122 posts in this topic

The town of Paradise in California, pop 27,000. just burned in two hours.

the fire is burning at a rate of 10 Costco's every 15 minutes. 31 square miles in less than 12 hours :eek:

folks got burned alive in their cars trying to escape.

T&P's to all concerned.

1 hour ago, Aquacide said:

The town of Paradise in California, pop 27,000. just burned in two hours.

the fire is burning at a rate of 10 Costco's every 15 minutes. 31 square miles in less than 12 hours :eek:

folks got burned alive in their cars trying to escape.

T&P's to all concerned.

Wow, that it terrible.

Paradise isn't all it's cracked up to be, I guess.

Watched the news reports a terrible loss of life and property. With so many fires in California I wonder why they stopped building with stucco and tile roofs. I actually don't know if stucco is fire proof but I would think it's at least fire resistant. That and clearing the immediate property perimeter of flammable material.  As fast as these fire are moving that may be enough to prevent total loss. 

Terrible tragedy.

But you know you got a raging wildfire coming your way with Santa Anna winds pushing it and only one main road out of the town.

You think you might want to be prepared to evacuate before the fire hits your neighborhood?

The fire started at 6:30 am local time, and the incredibly high rate it grew at didn’t give a lot of people much of a chance. 

Think of it it this way, I live about 150 miles from the fire and I started seeing smoke around noon yesterday. That’s right, sustained winds around 30 mph! There was so much smoke in the air where I live that they kept my son indoors at school, and the day time high was probably 10 degrees cooler than expected. Everything is getting a dusting of ash.

Regarding building codes and stucco. Actually yes, mostly in the southern CA counties but only applying to new construction. 

I visited California numerous times either landing in southern or northern then driving the coast highway. Visiting my brother who then lived in outside of Frisco, what beautiful country every bend in the road brought a treat for the eye. I can understand why people face the uncertainty of wildfires and quakes, enjoy and hope for the best.

Has Trump addresses this yet? I couldn’t find anything. They’re saying worst fires in Cali history. The videos are insane it looks like people are driving through hell.

52 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Has Trump addresses this yet? I couldn’t find anything. They’re saying worst fires in Cali history. The videos are insane it looks like people are driving through hell.

What should he address?

56 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Take it to the assbaby, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!