RiverRaider

Reducing my "News" Consumption... Anyone Else

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

Television news (easiest) and Internet news (most difficult)

 

My goal is to cut my consumption at least in half... The News is bad for your health, and general overall sense of well being... there have been studies  

 

Anyone else done this in the past, or planning to do it in the future? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RiverRaider said:

Television news (easiest) and Internet news (most difficult)

 

My goal is to cut my consumption at least in half... The News is bad for your health, and general overall sense of well being... there have been studies  

 

Anyone else done this in the past, or planning to do it in the future? 

 

 

If you cut down on gay porn just think or all the tissue you’ll save.....tissue lives matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jdeadman66 said:

I’ve stopped watching the news other than the occasional local station. Disinformation and propaganda are not in my list of importance. 

 

It's addictive though right? Like trying not to look at a car wreck when caught in traffic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TV news, with very, very few exceptions, sucks balls. It is, first and foremost, a TV show, and that means that they do whatever they have to do to get people to watch. In some ways, this is good -- some of the weather babes are positively bonerific -- but in other ways, like how they cover the actual news, it's terrible. People who watch news on TV are generally mentally lazy morons, and the programming in those TV news shows accurately reflects that. One should not bother to debate whether CNN or Fox News sucks worse; anyone with half a brain should eschew both of them.

 

I subscribe (yes, I pay) for digital subscriptions to The Washington Post and The New York Times. And I pay for a print subscription to both Philly fishwraps. The Times mostly sucks, and I should probably cancel, but the Post is outstanding: it is, sez me, the best damn newspaper in the country. They are doing some truly heroic work there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still get the local paper thrown on my porch every morning, and read that first thing.

And I watch the local news at 5 am most days, but that is mostly weather and traffic.

 

But, cable news is on in the background at my house a lot.

Judi is constantly watching Fox, but I can't sit there and do that.

However, I always fall asleep with the tv on, and sometimes it is on cable news.

 

So, while I'm sleeping, is my brain absorbing the news?

I think I had a dream where Tucker Carlsons house got harassed by lefties.

Does it work like that? Does my brain work while I sleep? Should I give it a rest? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cut the cable a few years ago so no tv news for me. I tend to do internet based journalism and stick with what I’ve been able to verify. Most haven’t failed me yet. But I agree with your statement and is why I got off cable period to begin with. Too much indoctrination and subversion for this guy. 

 

As far as cutting news back... I’ve done that by mixing in some hunting and deeper stuff like Peterson in there. I listen to shows all day and the days that I don’t mix other stuff in I can feel a certain discontentment with much of society and I’d rather just let them do them and let me do me, unless they try to mess with mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Billybob said:

I still get the local paper thrown on my porch every morning, and read that first thing.

And I watch the local news at 5 am most days, but that is mostly weather and traffic.

 

But, cable news is on in the background at my house a lot.

Judi is constantly watching Fox, but I can't sit there and do that.

However, I always fall asleep with the tv on, and sometimes it is on cable news.

 

So, while I'm sleeping, is my brain absorbing the news?

I think I had a dream where Tucker Carlsons house got harassed by lefties.

Does it work like that? Does my brain work while I sleep? Should I give it a rest? 

 

You are getting too much I think... if you know anything about Tucker Carlson... you know too much

 

How's your mood in general? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not fair to call the people who assaulted Carlson "lefties." That's a slur on lefties. They are Antifa, and them dudes and dudettes our scum. Tucker (and I'm not really kidding here) should have shot those bastards as soon as they set foot on his property.

 

Though every time I see that wiener Carlson, I think of the time Joey Boots harassed him while he was fly fishing (!) in Central Park:
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Belmo said:

It's not fair to call the people who assaulted Carlson "lefties." That's a slur on lefties. They are Antifa, and them dudes and dudettes our scum. Tucker (and I'm not really kidding here) should have shot those bastards as soon as they set foot on his property.

 

Though every time I see that wiener Carlson, I think of the time Joey Boots harassed him while he was fly fishing (!) in Central Park:
 

 

 

I don’t agree because there is democratic liberal and there is leftist, the later being the extreme of the first. Antifa falls into that category. The same as there is conservative and there is alt-right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I know all about these guys - how could I not?

Judes like a rabid dog.

And I'm exposed.

 

Tucker, Hannity, the little weasel, the big ex wrestler, that Ingram chick - Their all a bunch of pompous sphincters, everywhere I turn, one of em is spewing.

That's why I go out in the garage or yard so much.

 

Perhaps I'm damaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quit watching cable news about a year ago.  Feel much better for.  I do watch local news, an if something sounds interesting I might look into it a little more.  I do read the Daily Rundown one of the popular social media sites (don't think we're supposed to name them one here). I do not feel the need to look into the details of things like the shooting in California anymore.  I tend to stick to local issues for the most part.  I feel better for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.