rubberheels

Chevy Colorado Air Dam

14 posts in this topic

Took my 2018 Colorado to IBSP yesterday and it really handled the soft sand well. But that air dam scoops a little sand . Can I have  it removed with no harm? 

its made by rough country and it raises the front end so it sits level now i have the clearance and can keep the air dam. 

the other thing you can do is trim it. 

the other thing for suburban and tahoe owners they have a different air dam that comes  on police vehicles you could buy one of these. 

59 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

the other thing for suburban and tahoe owners they have a different air dam that comes  on police vehicles you could buy one of these. 

I got a new-to-me 2005 Suburban, and it's got one of them plastic things at the bottom of the front of the car. I don't know what it's called, and until now I didn't even know that an "air dam" was a thing.

Are they all air dams? Or are there plastic things that hang under the grill that are something else? I ask 'cause I got one, and to get my front hitch on, I'm going to have to either cut it or remove it entirely.

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

I got a new-to-me 2005 Suburban, and it's got one of them plastic things at the bottom of the front of the car. I don't know what it's called, and until now I didn't even know that an "air dam" was a thing.

Are they all air dams? Or are there plastic things that hang under the grill that are something else? I ask 'cause I got one, and to get my front hitch on, I'm going to have to either cut it or remove it entirely.

On the Jeep? Just take it off. 

5 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

On the Jeep? Just take it off. 

2005 Chevy Suburban 1500. It looks like the one below, and the arrow is pointing at the plastic doohickey whose name I do not know (the world is full of things I do not know).

5972 222.jpg

23 hours ago, Belmo said:

they cut a hole in it for the hitch leave it on and get the leveling kit.  The kurt front tow hitch is rather complicated you probably want to have some one else install it. 

9 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

they cut a hole in it for the hitch leave it on and get the leveling kit.  The kurt front tow hitch is rather complicated you probably want to have some one else install it. 

I got the Draw-Tite, and I think I can do it. I did it on are old Suburban. I think I'm good at cutting the hole for it -- I was just wondering if I could, or should, remove the whole damn thing. But I'll leave it there, except for the part I cut.

Here's the video:

I took off mine 2016 Colorado. It straight forward  but 2 or 4 bolts are a pita. I also have a front end leveling  kit  I forgot which I bought but it also came with  blocks to keep the tie rods aligned