flylikabird

HBO True Detective Season 3

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Looks good from the teaser trailer.   I'm looking forward to it cause it will signal the end of the holiday season and we'll be in the thick of Winter looking forward to Spring.   We'll need every bit of distraction to claw our way out of the dreaded old man winter blues.   Hopefully this could be the ticket!

Some WIKI tid bits....

The third season of True Detective, an American anthology crime drama television series created by Nic Pizzolatto, was confirmed by HBO on August 31, 2017, and is scheduled to premiere on January 13, 2019. The story takes place in the Ozarks over three separate time periods, as partner detectives investigate a macabre crime involving two missing children.

Mahershala Ali will play the lead role of detective Wayne Hays, while Stephen Dorff will play his partner detective Roland West. The season marks Pizzolatto's directorial debut, with the series creator dividing up directing assignments with Jeremy Saulnier and Daniel Sackheim. Pizzolatto also serves as the showrunner and sole writer of the season, with the exception of the fourth episode, which he co-wrote with David Milch.

I dig it. I like how they do the time lapse stuff where detectives don’t solve the case and it’s years later. Just like the 1st TD.  

I could not get into season 2... the 1st was the ****. 

Yeah the juxtaposition, the back and forth really adds some flavor to the nuance of the production.    It was one of the first things that sucked me in on the first season and with this new season's trailer makes me reflect back on that.   Yeah I dig it (Cheech & Chong)!

Saw both 1st and 2nd seasons. Both started out really good but the endings for both seemed anticlimactic to me. Looking forward to the third season. :howdy:

First one was good, but really slow moving. Couldn't get into the 2nd one at all.

My $10 A month "lifetime" HBO deal on DISH just expired anyway, so I cancelled. Wasn't watching it at all. Will probably reactivate it for GOT in the spring? Can stream this then

48 mins ago, Scallywag said:

Season 2 was pointless. Season 1 was still one of the best shows I've seen. 

I'm looking forward to the 3rd. 

It's up there with Dexter, the wire and breaking bad, my top three favorite shows.

4 hours ago, Reed422 said:

It's up there with Dexter, the wire and breaking bad, my top three favorite shows.

Never watched Dexter and probably never will. I keep trying to get into the wire but something always gets in the way. But I agree. 

7 mins ago, Scallywag said:

Never watched Dexter and probably never will. I keep trying to get into the wire but something always gets in the way. But I agree. 

Dexter really was a great show... it eventually jumped the Shark but they all do.. worth visiting in the dead of winter or you you're home with the Flu or something 

I think that people exaggerate season 2 being so terrible. I thought it was decent just didn't come close to 1. 1 was just something special that doesn't come along that often.