KnewBee

November Fishing Reports

20 posts in this topic

Late, but I will start.

This time of year, all salt, all Striped Bass,  but weather hasn't cooperated, so went for a quick post work protected creek trip.  Only an hour.

A few dinks, a decent crappie and right at dark caught a decent bass on the Pop R.   Was nice to be in the calm fresh for a change.

xts crappie.jpg

fatty.jpg

10 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Late, but I will start.

This time of year, all salt, all Striped Bass,  but weather hasn't cooperated, so went for a quick post work protected creek trip.  Only an hour.

A few dinks, a decent crappie and right at dark caught a decent bass on the Pop R.   Was nice to be in the calm fresh for a change.

xts crappie.jpg

fatty.jpg

Great job man

^^^^^  been slow here from reports I'm seeing.  Suspect it is that time of year when the water "turns over" with a wide range of temps.  Challenging, but should settle into a fall pattern soon.  Lotta "theory" from what I read!

Weird evening.   Got a bunch of "taps" and "thumps" as well as decent swirls on plastics, but they were not taking the bait?   Should have caught at least ten, but only managed five.   Two dinks and three that were all 15 inches at 1-10, 1-10, and 1-11 as well as a token crappie.   Very strange "bite" tonight.   Meh....

same.jpg

15 s.jpg

LBI SurfRat and KidDkivahh like this

Saw a blog about the ol Heddon Zara Spook.  Haven't thrown one of those in years, mostly because the Whopper.  Was thinking yesterday that the whopper may have been too much commotion for the flat calm water.   So this morning (before the wind), tied on a Spook and had some short strikes.  Slowed it down a bit with some pauses and Bam!   Got a 4 lb 10 oz.     Managed two dinks and a 1-9 on XTS as well.   

4 lb 10 oz.jpg

LBI SurfRat, TJones and CDubbs like this

Wind calmed down and the mercury plummeted!  Tried the Spook again, and when I wasn't catching pine needles, I found a few bass:  5 each, most in the 1-2 -   1-6 range.   

Looks like a window to chase the striped ones this evening....    Can't wait.  Happy Veterens Day!

dink on spook.jpg

one six.jpg

debris.jpg

Quick evening trip.  Cold, but avoided the wind in a protected creek.   Only had one hit on the Heddon Spook and caught this one to avoid the skunk.     Weather is keeping me from chasing the striped ones in the Bay...

lil fatty 1.jpg

Had some free time this afternoon, ran over to a local resivoir to do some  "rubber worming", 10" black zooms Texas rigged/not pegged. Walked out to a point North side. Took a little while till it turned on, but caught a few. It was cold, real cold and windy. Had a couple good wind knots (braid) that I straightened out, but the last mess I was so cold I just called it a day. Fun though !!!

20181114_154516.jpg