DoOver

Fredo, Today, NY State Will Jack Boot Every Last Gun Out Of Our Law Abiding Gun Owners Mitts ASAP Now Baby Killers Control Every Last Thing In NY

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

Perched, metaphorically, high on top of the dead and dying bodies in Californium, Andrew Fredo Coumo today said, to the effect, New York State will enact new un-Constitutional gun laws because he knows normal people here do not have the votes to stop him.

18 mins ago, Cayotica said:

When I came back from Nam I was spat upon and called baby killer.  Now the real baby killers are running half of the country.

Yup they coined the phrase.

Ok,   had to research the "topic" and....

"Ensures Domestic Abusers are Prohibited from Possessing Both Handguns and Long Guns

Prohibits Anyone with an Outstanding Warrant for a Felony or other Serious Offense from Receiving or Renewing a Firearm Licence 

Strengthens New York's Nation-Leading Gun Laws

Part of Governor Cuomo's 2018 Women's Agenda

"The recent wave of mass shootings is horrifying, and the federal government's failure to act on any form of meaningful gun safety laws is unconscionable," Governor Cuomo said. "New York is once again leading the way to prevent gun violence, and with this common sense reform, break the inextricable link between gun violence and domestic violence. This legislation builds on our gun laws -- already the strongest in the nation-- to make New York safer and stronger."

So, if I were to start a thread about the NY Govenour and his effort to take away all the guns, I would at least provide the context.   

Anyway, seems in line with the Laughtenburg Amendment to the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997.

Debatable in and of itself, but, not the "gun grab" the title suggests.   Its ok, fear is a good thing, reach in, embrace and rest.

Reminds me.   Obama was going to "strip all the guns from all the cold dead hands" no?  I guess since he couldn't do it, a State Gov will.     

Good.

Hope it goes to SCOTUS, then NY ' s son of stacim can be smacked down for good.  

He wants to make illegal laws.  

He can not do that.  We have a constitution.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, RegDunlop said:

Good.

Hope it goes to SCOTUS, then NY ' s son of stacim can be smacked down for good.  

He wants to make illegal laws.  

He can not do that.  We have a constitution.  

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Since we are talking Lautenberg, pretty sure, this is settled and there have been dozens of cases the court refused to hear.    

Voisine v. United State   

Edited by KnewBee

Voisine

"At least 18 states have enacted gun bills aimed at domestic abusers since the 2012 massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, reports the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence."

“The Supreme Court today affirmed what we know — domestic violence escalates and is often deadly. Ensuring that convicted abusers do not have access to firearms will save lives,” said Kim Gandy, president and CEO of the National Network to End Domestic Violence.

3 mins ago, RegDunlop said:

Knewb, you couldn't be more wrong. 

Not surprising. 

You have no idea what you are talking about.   

The topic of domestic violence, lautenberg and firearm restriction has been litigated.   The amendment has restricted service members under my leadership access to weapons.   I am very, very, "right" and you are ill informed.  But, yeah, sure, dream on that it will go to SCOTUS 

50 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Ok,   had to research the "topic" and....

"Ensures Domestic Abusers are Prohibited from Possessing Both Handguns and Long Guns

Prohibits Anyone with an Outstanding Warrant for a Felony or other Serious Offense from Receiving or Renewing a Firearm Licence 

Strengthens New York's Nation-Leading Gun Laws

Part of Governor Cuomo's 2018 Women's Agenda

"The recent wave of mass shootings is horrifying, and the federal government's failure to act on any form of meaningful gun safety laws is unconscionable," Governor Cuomo said. "New York is once again leading the way to prevent gun violence, and with this common sense reform, break the inextricable link between gun violence and domestic violence. This legislation builds on our gun laws -- already the strongest in the nation-- to make New York safer and stronger."

So, if I were to start a thread about the NY Govenour and his effort to take away all the guns, I would at least provide the context.   

Anyway, seems in line with the Laughtenburg Amendment to the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997.

Debatable in and of itself, but, not the "gun grab" the title suggests.   Its ok, fear is a good thing, reach in, embrace and rest.

Reminds me.   Obama was going to "strip all the guns from all the cold dead hands" no?  I guess since he couldn't do it, a State Gov will.     

Any post that claims to provide "the context" on this and then doesn't mention the "SAFE Act" and all of its controversies and follies is written by someone either VERY uneducated about the topic or someone who is deliberately trying to mislead.

Fredo, Today, NY State Will Jack Boot Every Last Gun Out Of Our Law Abiding Gun Owners Mitts ASAP Now Baby Killers Control Every Last Thing In NY

^^^^ Clearly a nominee for thread title of the year.

3 mins ago, Ellar said:

Any post that claims to provide "the context" on this and then doesn't mention the "SAFE Act" and all of its controversies and follies is written by someone either VERY uneducated about the topic or someone who is deliberately trying to mislead.

The thread title and topic were "misleading" to say the least.

2 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

^^^^ Clearly a nominee for thread title of the year.

FAKE NEWS, but accept it as fact, celebrate it even.   Duped again

2 mins ago, KnewBee said:

FAKE NEWS, but accept it as fact, celebrate it even.   Duped again

Didn't say anything about the content or believing anything.