The Riddler

I got hit by a Whale Shark, how was your day?

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Brothers and Sisters of SOL, I **** my pants. I was on the back of a massive Whale Shark that just happened to surface underneath the Kayak in the Gulf Stream off Boyton Beach. I thought at first it was a big hammerhead or big bull shark that attacked the Hobie rudder or drive.  Nope a ****ing massive whale shark. I ended up surfing on its back for a few seconds and it flipped out with the tail whacking around and hit the rods in the back. 

The kid I was with tried to get the go pro going to catch it all on film but was in shock just like I was. My back is sore from the impact just ate a couple of Tylenol and heading back to the hotel to rest.  

I googled  whale shark and found this article from the other day.  Chances could be a school of them around or more possible the same one.  It was the same depth about 125-150 feet.

A89DFC12-8A5A-4770-A875-4782559DBC47.png

Edited by The Riddler
patchyfog likes this

9 mins ago, MickAff said:

Does it even have teeth... 

Between people's cars getting mauled by deer and whale shark attacks :scared:  I hope he called the cops.  

MickAff likes this

Glad that you are ok.  Other than the pucker factor- sounds like it was worth it for a life long memory.

I don't know if you could possibly improve upon that so this might be your-

"jumped the shark" moment