mrl

The caravan isn't the threat

Rate this topic

80 posts in this topic

It's white guys with guns that we should all be afraid of.

 

The mass shooting in  last night

Pittsburgh

Las Vegas

Aurora, CO

Columbine

Stoneman Douglas High School

Charleston, SC

Santa Fe, TX

Geneva County, AL

Camden, NJ

 

and many more. 

 

But since they're white, no problem, right?  I mean when white guys commit crimes, they're just individuals.  But when non-white people commit crimes, everyone here uses it as an opportunity to blast the entire community from which they come.

 

(hint- that's racism)

 

 

stormy monday likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People in our country with mental disorders or the will to kill are a problem  100%. Just because we have killers amongst us doesn’t mean we allow mobs of people into our country without being properly vetted. Get that through your head. One has nothing to do with the other. 

 

Peace 

 

Rickman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

There is no connection to the "caravan" and the topic of your post.  We call that a "red herring"

 

Not to mention the fallacy where you imply there is but one threat.

Edited by hamlet
Rickman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, mrl said:

It's white guys with guns that we should all be afraid of.

 

The mass shooting in  last night

Pittsburgh

Las Vegas

Aurora, CO

Columbine

Stoneman Douglas High School

Charleston, SC

Santa Fe, TX

Geneva County, AL

Camden, NJ

 

and many more. 

 

But since they're white, no problem, right?  I mean when white guys commit crimes, they're just individuals.  But when non-white people commit crimes, everyone here uses it as an opportunity to blast the entire community from which they come.

 

(hint- that's racism)

 

 

Do you have a question for discussion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, mrl said:

It's white guys with guns that we should all be afraid of.

 

The mass shooting in  last night

Pittsburgh

Las Vegas

Aurora, CO

Columbine

Stoneman Douglas High School

Charleston, SC

Santa Fe, TX

Geneva County, AL

Camden, NJ

 

and many more. 

 

But since they're white, no problem, right?  I mean when white guys commit crimes, they're just individuals.  But when non-white people commit crimes, everyone here uses it as an opportunity to blast the entire community from which they come.

 

(hint- that's racism)

 

 

white hispanics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, mrl said:

It's white guys with guns that we should all be afraid of.

 

The mass shooting in  last night

Pittsburgh

Las Vegas

Aurora, CO

Columbine

Stoneman Douglas High School

Charleston, SC

Santa Fe, TX

Geneva County, AL

Camden, NJ

 

and many more. 

 

But since they're white, no problem, right?  I mean when white guys commit crimes, they're just individuals.  But when non-white people commit crimes, everyone here uses it as an opportunity to blast the entire community from which they come.

 

(hint- that's racism)

 

 

Why did you leave off all the non white mass shooters who were much more recent than some shooting in 1949 in NJ? I bet if you look at all the mass shootings, white men may actually be underrepresented.  or is this just a white guy thread?

 

(hint-that's racism)

Edited by jkrock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, ErikT said:

People in our country with mental disorders or the will to kill are a problem  100%. Just because we have killers amongst us doesn’t mean we allow mobs of people into our country without being properly vetted. Get that through your head. One has nothing to do with the other. 

 

Peace 

 

Amazes me this has to be explained. These people cant think past their hysterical emotions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why the common right-wing group think seems to assume that everyone in the caravan is going to end up in their neighborhoods.  To the contrary, US law, which I support, only allows refugees to ask for asylum, *and* to have that request fairly evaluated.  There's no guarantee of admission into the US.

 

I don't personally know of ANYONE who is advocating for completely open borders, despite what frequently gets posted here as a description of non-right-wing thinking.  I've never taken that position, nor do I expect to in the future. 

 

As for white guys with guns, fine- just look at the last 10 years or so and tell me who's perpetrated most of the mass shootings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, mrl said:

I'm not sure why the common right-wing group think seems to assume that everyone in the caravan is going to end up in their neighborhoods.  To the contrary, US law, which I support, only allows refugees to ask for asylum, *and* to have that request fairly evaluated.  There's no guarantee of admission into the US.

 

I don't personally know of ANYONE who is advocating for completely open borders, despite what frequently gets posted here as a description of non-right-wing thinking.  I've never taken that position, nor do I expect to in the future. 

 

As for white guys with guns, fine- just look at the last 10 years or so and tell me who's perpetrated most of the mass shootings. 

Black gangbangers. I win. 

BigFischer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.