tomkaz

MoveOn.org Plans Sessions-firing Protests, Bet They Are Printing Up RGB Signs As Well

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

And so it begins. 

Think anyone in the Media will refer to this as “AstroTurf” the way they did for Tea Party protests?

Think anyone in the Media will recall how anti-Sessions they were when he was first nominated? 

I know, this is all about Mueller, but is this a shock? I hear comparisons made to Nixon’s “massacre” which was truly a surprise, this was a foregone conclusion to anyone paying attention. 

And, is there any doubt that this will become a hybrid event to protest Trump being able to replace Notorious RBG at some point. 

Soros-Funded MoveOn.Org Plans Mass Demonstrations Thursday to Protest Sessions' Firing

MoveOn.org is planning massive demonstrations across the nation -- including outside the White House -- Thursday afternoon to protest President Trump's decision to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

"Donald Trump just crossed a red line, violating the independence of the investigation pursuing criminal charges in the Trump-Russia scandal and cover-up," the Soros-funded organization wrote in a post announcing the protests.

"Trump putting himself above the law is a threat to our democracy, and we’ve got to get Congress to stop him. We're mobilizing immediately to demand accountability, because Trump is not above the law," the MoveOn post continued. Rallies are scheduled to begin at 5:00 p.m.

The organized left threatened to hold rapid-response demonstrations last spring after President Trump threatened to fire Mueller. Last April, the left-wing network organized 800+ "emergency" Nobody Is Above the Law rallies around the country in the event Trump fired Mueller -- which never happened.

Now they finally have an excuse to hold their long-planned "Nobody is Above the Law" rallies

11 mins ago, hamlet said:

It's getting fun again.  The whole election thing was such a bore.

Funny how that worked, no? Everything seemed calm and sane until the election passed, now we have Acosta and MoveOn. What’s next? BLM? Occupy 6.0? 

46 mins ago, tomkaz said:

And, is there any doubt that this will become a hybrid event to protest Trump being able to replace Notorious RBG at some point. 

I don't see any reason whatsoever why they'd want a hybrid event.

So are you really sure, or just making stuff up?

2 mins ago, patchyfog said:

I don't see any reason whatsoever why they'd want a hybrid event.

So are you really sure, or just making stuff up?

It is called “speculation”, I am speculating. No MoveOn protest has ever been about a single topic. They draw all sorts of folks, like moths to a candle. Look at the placards at any such march and you will find a plethora of grievances being voiced. My favorites are the anti-Israel types at a march targeting a strictly domestic topic. 

So yes, I am REALLY SURE but it is pure speculation based on reliable observations of the past. 

4 mins ago, patchyfog said:

Really sure pure speculation. Got it.

Read the title again. Note the use of “Bet” as in a wager. That is not a statement of certitude, it is one of speculation, as any bet is. 

So, do you want to get $1 that there will be all sorts of SC placards at this march? My betting record here is quite sound of late (if I can only get GotCow to pay up....)*

* Cudos to Plum for being a standup guy on acknowledging his “loses” and making a contribution to BTT at my request. Well done. 

Here is slate magazine on Jeff Sessions in January 2017.  Its IMPOSSIBLE to believe that leftists are defending his firing.

Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions faces questioning from his colleagues on Tuesday, as the Senate Judiciary Committee holds hearings over his nomination to lead the Justice Department. Most of the opposition to Sessions’ appointment as Donald Trump’s choice for attorney general has centered around the allegations of racism that torpedoed his previous federal appointment. That history is certainly extraordinarily troubling. What should concern his interrogators this week even more, perhaps, is this question: At a time when America most needs an independent, anti-corruption watchdog leading the Justice Department, would Sessions be a rubber stamp for an administration that threatens to be the most corrupt since Warren Harding’s?

3 mins ago, Little said:

Here is slate magazine on Jeff Sessions in January 2017.  Its IMPOSSIBLE to believe that leftists are defending his firing.

Do you mean objecting to his firing?

They are objecting just because you pull hair and light it over ANYTHING Trump does.

Consistency of thought is not something leftists suffer from.