HugeDinghy

whats your nagging injury?

246 posts in this topic

mine is my left shoulder. both ac joint and rotator cuff. 

its bearable when im focusing on it in the gym and doing the tedious and boring exercises that I need to do...but its still an issue. 

as far as nagging injuries go, i'll take it..having seen folks with chronic back pain. 

shoulder seems to be very common. also glad I got through sports without any knee injuries, having seen so many people get replacements lately. my wife is gonna need a hip, I think, pretty soon. cant imagine needing a joint replaced in your early 40's.

Edited by HugeDinghy

16 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

mine is my left shoulder. both ac joint and rotator cuff. 

its bearable when im focusing on it in the gym and doing the tedious and boring exercises that I need to do...but its still an issue. 

as far as nagging injuries go, i'll take it..having seen folks with chronic back pain. 

I had similar pain in my right shoulder and cuff for a few years. I stopped sleeping with my right arm above my head and it went away in a month or two. I’ve been fine ever since.

Right shoulder.   Bad mountain bike accident in college, right in the middle of a 2nd and 3rd degree separation.    I can still remember the ortho recommending surgery b/c he said I would have arthritis in my 40's. It was Junior year, recovery time was long, like 4-6 weeks, I passed.   I honestly didn't think I'd make it this long. :freak:

Funny story, this was15+ years ago, year or two out of school, stopped in a Chiro's office for a cold call.  Ended up talking to him, things were going well, he stops the conversation and says "What's wrong with your right shoulder I can see how you hold yourself?"  Stopped me in my tracks.   

I think I’m lucky that at age 62.5, I have no chronic or nagging pain anywhere.   I have a bit of a bum right shoulder that needs to be loosened up to throw a softball or basketball.   I have a cartilage tear in my right knee, and some arthritis in my left knee that was scoped to remove 30% of MCL 21 years ago.  But they're generally pain-free going through my daily routine and working out in the gym two or three times a week.  I just returned from a week long trip in Costa Rica where my gf and I did some physically taxing excursions and came out of them feeling good.  

Knees, tailbone, lower back are the painful ones. Both ankles are trash and roll over way too easy, good thing is they don’t really sprain anymore.

2 people like this

31 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

Right shoulder for me. It's going to rain tomorrow. I felt that yesterday.

Same and same. Snapped my collar bone riding one of those little pedalie bikes. Left knee snowboarding. The only thing they can’t tell me are the winning numbers 

18 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

I had similar pain in my right shoulder and cuff for a few years. I stopped sleeping with my right arm above my head and it went away in a month or two. I’ve been fine ever since.

funny thing is, mine was "ok", relatively speaking. I could still do the fly machine at the gym, front dumbbell raises etc...I could "feel" it but I wouldn't say it was painful. couple of years back I took a few day offshore trip in some nasty weather. spent a lot of time standing and holding onto the tuna tower (arm above head and swaying like a mo-fo)....shoulder was wrecked when I got back...couldn't even raise my arm to grab a glass out of the cabinet. it would be like someone shot me in the shoulder. slowly got better but hasn't been the same since. 

17 mins ago, JaseB said:

Right shoulder.   Bad mountain bike accident in college, right in the middle of a 2nd and 3rd degree separation.    I can still remember the ortho recommending surgery b/c he said I would have arthritis in my 40's. It was Junior year, recovery time was long, like 4-6 weeks, I passed.   I honestly didn't think I'd make it this long. :freak:

I have a wicked cross bite. they wanted to break my jaw when I was in my early teens.

old man said "no need. boys got a smart mouth, someone's gonna do it for him".

challenge!

I still have a wicked cross bite although I think the joint wore down enough as my jaw doesn't crack and I don't get tmj anymore (knocks on wood) :laugh:

Rolled/broke my left ankle 20+ years ago. Ever since can't flex my calf muscle. Hard to describe but can't flex /roll it up like the right side. So if I run more than a half mile it cramps up/locks up. Sucks big time. 

Left shoulder was bad a decade ago. Did some rehab, etc it's good now. Now it's the right shoulder. Can't sleep on it. Can't shoot a bow. Dr said no surgery. Bursitis? I forget what he said. Lol.

Sucks at times. Having a catch with my boys and the next day I wanna chew off my own arm.