rubberheels

Legend Surf

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

10'6 3/4 - 4 

Not a rod that can hammer much over 3 ounces.  I sold it off after a half a season

Damn scoob.................mine can launch a 3 oz. pencil to Beijing.................:shrug:

5 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

Damn scoob.................mine can launch a 3 oz. pencil to Beijing.................:shrug:

Did you just call scoobie soft?????

3 is fine, it's near the upper limit of that rod. Try 3.5 and the tip will turn into mush. Sort of collapse when you try to push it. 

6 mins ago, Stripsettter said:

I wouldn’t use a 3/4-4 legend to throw chunks in fact I never even tried to with mine, but it’s great for 1-2.5 ounce buck tails, poppers, darters, bottles etc. I don’t find it to be that great of a pencil popper rod eithe as it’s very stiff and it’s not to great with light bombers. I prefer more parabolic rod like Loomis IMX surf or old flexi Lamis... Gsb 1201m for pencils but I still do throw pencils with the Legend. 

No1 said they were using it to anyways.

And here i was just starting getting into pencils, damnit. You think its too stiff, i thought it was great albeit a teeny tiny bit to moderate of an action.

Just now, Ravens52988 said:

No1 said they were using it to anyways. Too flimsy of an action to chuck anything heavy.

And here i was just starting getting into pencils, damnit. You think its too stiff, i thought it was great albeit a teeny tiny bit to moderate of an action.

41 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

Did you just call scoobie soft?????

No.....but i think you just did !!

Posted (edited) · Report post

49 mins ago, Ravens52988 said:

All depends on how ya cast

That is correct.  The Legend took some used to......that rod takes a full lean into a cast up to the point of where it's about directly over my shoulder, at which point i lay off and let the rod do the rest.

I'm able to launch 1 - 3 oz. lures and plugs to China using this technique.  :th:

Edited by yogiiiboy