rubberheels

Legend Surf

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Is the S.C. Legend Surf that good of a rod?Come on $600! Thats $200 more than Most other top shelf rods. They are way over the top on for a factory rod. YA THINK?

Edited by rubberheels

4 mins ago, rubberheels said:

Is the S.C. Legend Surf that good of a rod?Come on $600! Thats $200 more than Most other top shelf rods. They are way over the top on for a factory rod. YA THINK?

Absolutely.,,

2 hours ago, rubberheels said:

Show me one top shelf rod that gives you no questions asked warranty for 18 years...Also, show me top shelf rod made in US for $400. Show me top shelf rod for $400 that has the same quality guides.

Edited by levari
yogiiiboy and Ravens52988 like this

I have had one of the Original 10’6” 1-4 Legend Surf for years now. They were priced a little less back then but it’s the only 10+ footer I use. Great rod. Over the years I have broken it twice due to user error lol and St. Croix replaced under their warranty program. I think it’s was $50. I’m rough on gear and no longer buy custom rods, only rods with a good warranty so while I don’t particularly like spending $600 on a rod, It’s still reasonable for what you’re getting. Still much cheaper than fly rods!

20 mins ago, rubberheels said:

Sounds like u have one. I still think they are overpriced!

I have 5.  Can you be more specific and name the top shelf rods that cost $400. I bet you can’t unless you bring to the table rods made in China with Alconite guides and one year limited warranty. Not to mention the quality of the handle wrap.

Do you know the difference between expensive and overpriced?

Edited by levari
Ravens52988 and yogiiiboy like this

3 hours ago, rubberheels said:

Are you thinking about buying the legend or complaining about a rod you cant afford, otherwise whats the point of this post?

Edited by Ravens52988

I held one a few times. I wasnt impressed. your paying for the name, warranty, and the guides. lamiglas is no different. they are getting a fortune for 20+ year old rod technology with new guides on it. Im having a custom ODM built by lou currently and its costing me less than these factory rods. 

32 mins ago, MikedNJ said:

I held one a few times. I wasnt impressed. your paying for the name, warranty, and the guides. lamiglas is no different. they are getting a fortune for 20+ year old rod technology with new guides on it. Im having a custom ODM built by lou currently and its costing me less than these factory rods. 

So you can tell how a rod will perform just by feeling it? Jesus you need to come with me when i buy rods.

Whats the blank guide and grip material? 

Did lou give you a warranty?

Edited by Ravens52988

2 hours ago, Ravens52988 said:

Are you thinking about buying the legend or complaining about a rod you cant afford, otherwise whats the point of this post?

How do you know what I can afford DUDE. Probably more than you will ever afford DUDE!!! 

3 hours ago, levari said:

Show me one top shelf rod that gives you no questions asked warranty for 18 years...Also, show me top shelf rod made in US for $400. Show me top shelf rod for $400 that has the same quality guides.

What levari said ^^^^

Consider an Edge surf Rod by Gary Loomis they make a couple of models that you can purchase for around $400 or less , they have a sale going on now !

Check their website for models and prices etc .

I had one in my hands but did not use extremely light with 60-40 split I believe , all American made with best guides etc!

18 mins ago, rubberheels said:

How do you know what I can afford DUDE. Probably more than you will ever afford DUDE!!! 

Yet youre complaining about a $200 difference, i couldnt care less if you make more than me, im happy with my life  unlike someone who isnt and hasta resort to monetary insults. Its common sense with anything anyone wants to buy but complains about it... either too expensive or youre thinking about buying it hence the debating about the price.

Edited by Ravens52988