codfish

Sand eels invade Jersey waters

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Talked to my friend who said "the Bunker have not been around much this year, but we have had a large push of sand eels into local waters" have you guys heard the same??

1 hour ago, Buckscorider said:

There was a picture of one posted.

Looked like an out of state bird dropped it...

right....there's a few photos of single sand eels and a certain shop that loves to exaggerate and everyone goes nuts

adams54 likes this

Seems there are always eels around.  I see them early in the spring season and in the fall.  If you can see fish in the dark close to the beach feeding on top then there might be a sand eel bite happening.  I haven't seen a wide spread eel bite in a few years.  One eel doesn't mean anything. 

1 hour ago, Lagerhead said:

The annual B&T rumor.

it's a shame sand eels give the bass diarrhea   and make the water dirty. I believe we are starting to see that with alll of these dirty water reports.

Tug Addict and Eric_S like this

20 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

it's a shame sand eels give the bass diarrhea   and make the water dirty. I believe we are starting to see that with alll of these dirty water reports.

Wow, that's all I got.  Wow!  :freak:

11 hours ago, codfish said:

Jon great personnel pic is that you??

Yep, Thanks, I was pondering my skunk. Colin from the average angler blog took the pic. I stumbled across it reading his blog 5 or 6 years back. 

ROSELD-20-2018.jpg

I walked onto a Mon Co beach last night and saw a decent sized black patch in the water about 2 casts out, couldn't see any splashing, nothing flipping around, just a large dark spot of disturbed water right on top, which sadly moved away till it was too dark to see it anymore. No idea what it was, large mullet maybe? Had some of those a little south of there before the big blow. Sand eels don't school up like that do they? Only time I've ever seen a sandeel in the wild, they were shooting straight up out of the sand, out of the water, then landing and hauling ass outta there.

Dark spot...Piece of an old dock most likely.

The sand eel invasion seems to have originated from a website posting a pic of one found on the beach. Must be the lead invasion team.