banjer

All Arounder..Thoughts on a good auto loader 12ga

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Depending on your budget, you can't go wrong with either a Beretta A300 or A400.  I've never seen one jam and with different choke tubes will do what ever you want, although the barrels are bit long for home D.  Really sweet guns.

hunter123 and LBI SurfRat like this

7 hours ago, FishnDucks said:

Right on! Home defense requires a bit of a different shotgun. Shorter barrel for ease of movement and swing through a room with furniture and doorways. 

Shotguns for sporting clays and upland birds usually have 26-30" barrels and interchangeable choke systems to accommodate the shooting scenario i.e. close as in over a dog vs far as in 30-40 yard shots on clays etc.

Another reason for the venerable 1100 - lot's of available options and swapping a barrel takes seconds

hunter123 likes this

7 hours ago, FishnDucks said:

Right on! Home defense requires a bit of a different shotgun. Shorter barrel for ease of movement and swing through a room with furniture and doorways. 

Shotguns for sporting clays and upland birds usually have 26-30" barrels and interchangeable choke systems to accommodate the shooting scenario i.e. close as in over a dog vs far as in 30-40 yard shots on clays etc.

Another reason for the venerable 1100 - lot's of available options and swapping a barrel takes seconds