clambellies

Name that bridge!

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

old jamestown bridge, that pier section with the lights was standing after they took it down.  I always thought that was going to be a fishing pier but never happened.  I think the area residents complained.

Edited by Kooky

Yep, the old Jamestown bridge.  I used to love crossing it, knowing some great fishing was ahead.  I wish they would have made a fishing pier out of the approach section.  

The state's original plan was to turn that flat section on the mainland side into a fishing pier. Then the shorefront homeowners got together and scuttled the plan. I went by there last week and there are still some traffic cones behind the fence that blocks the approach road. 

I'm pretty sure the state still owns the land where the bridge hit the shore.  Hopefully they will keep it a public ROW for public access.  You could always park in the commuter lot and walk down.

17 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I dont blame them you gotta admit that as a group, fishermen are basically scumbags. 

I actually take that as a compliment. :).

:laugh:

I obviously side with access etc, I’m just saying that a fishing pier where one hadn’t existed is bound for a fight from the locals. And I don’t really blame them.  A significant percentage of our brethren would have the area looking like Mogadishu in no time at all. 

32 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

:laugh:

I obviously side with access etc, I’m just saying that a fishing pier where one hadn’t existed is bound for a fight from the locals. And I don’t really blame them.  A significant percentage of our brethren would have the area looking like Mogadishu in no time at all. 

I agree there would be bait boxes, hook packages, fish racks, piss, and DD cups everywhere.  I hate the condition many bait and other fisherman leave our coastline its disgusting and there is no need for it.

rbart, FyshhTrap and fd4mcola like this

16 hours ago, Capt.Castafly said:

Looking down threw the road grates at the peak was awesome, scary for some.

Used to love to ride my motorcycle over the old J-town bridge. Hit the grate section, look down, and it felt like you were flying.

16 hours ago, BigBillJettyJockey said:

Used to love to ride my motorcycle over the old J-town bridge. Hit the grate section, look down, and it felt like you were flying.

Riding a motorcycle over the center grating section in the rain, often you were kinda flying. As in "oh crap, I have zero traction or braking, and the only thing keeping me upright is balance".