JoeyZac

Anyone Watching the Trump Press Conference?

Rate this topic

116 posts in this topic

Only a couple minutes in, but I think he sounds terrible.  Not prepared.  Reading off a piece of paper hardly looking up.  Sounds tired.

Not off to a good start at all imo.

35 mins ago, hamlet said:

Yep he's threatening Pelosi with Senate investigations of Dem leaks etc.

They don't need to investigate, they already know who leaked, this was a direct shot across the Dems bows.

Rickman and LBI SurfRat like this

Posted (edited) · Report post

I honestly thought it was going along pretty well until Acosta became adversarial.  I think he felt it was going to smoothly and he needed to keep the conflict alive.  wouldn't mind hearing he got run over by a truck

Edited by Harf

going to come down to this - do the American people care more about shady business deals with Russian Oligarchs or the leaking of classified information?

Very unifying "speech".   He will heal the nation and usher in an era of peace and tranquility. 

(*edited - added some text - please don't dump links here, there's so much advertising on that site I couldn't find the actual article :rolleyes:  TimS)

(from Brietbart)

President Donald Trump chided CNN reporter Jim Acosta during a White House press conference Wednesday afternoon, calling him a “rude, terrible person” for hogging the microphone to share his opinion on multiple topics.

Trump called on Acosta, who began questioning the president over his use of the word “invasion” to describe the Central American migrant caravan traveling towards the U.S.

Following a back and forth over the caravan, Trump said, “Honestly, I think you should let me run the country, you run CNN, and if you did it well, your ratings would be much better. Okay, that’s enough.”

Edited by TimS
links removed

9 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

going to come down to this - do the American people care more about shady business deals with Russian Oligarchs or the leaking of classified information?

Still convinced Trump's the side that colluded with Russia I see; you should find another hill to die on.

3 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Very unifying "speech".   He will heal the nation and usher in an era of peace and tranquility. 

Eff unifying, the gloves are off, "these people are sick!" 

jkrock and DoOver like this

37 mins ago, nalu22 said:

"Acosta attempted to ask another question, and a [female] White House aide tried grabbing the microphone out of his hand."

So little Jimmy likes to beat up on women. I'm shocked! 

Edited by TimS
quote edited

1 min ago, Fishy Fisher said:

"Acosta attempted to ask another question, and a [female] White House aide tried grabbing the microphone out of his hand."

He gave Jimmy a nice smack down.

DjihWCZUcAAcnKi.jpg

6 mins ago, nalu22 said:

Still convinced Trump's the side that colluded with Russia I see; you should find another hill to die on.

Didn't say anything about collusion, but you start subpoenaing tax and business records of a Manhattan real estate developer who's been in and out of bankruptcy court - you're going to come across shady business deals with Russian Oligarchs.  Put that up against leaking of classified info - what are the voters going to care more about?

Edited by Jmat321

7 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

First time he's ever touched a woman.  he looked absolutely terrified