eddy

The Blue Wave

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

2010............ 63 seats changed from democrat to republican

that was Hussein's first midterm

2018........... at most 39 seats (28 so far according to a bunch of sites' maps) changed from republican to democrat

that was Drumpf's first midterm

question for discussion................... who is/was better for their party?  Drumpf or Hussein?

You can't put lipstick on a pig.  Trump lost this election.  Parsing the number of seats lost is just Republicans making excuses and comforting themselves.

Trump would never have been elected but for Hillary.  He won't win again without her, unless it's one of the nutbags like Warren.

If I were a Republican, I might favor Trump resigning and giving Pence a chance  to get established before the next election.  Spence could keep the appointments going, has less baggage to focus on, and without the big mouth and tweeting, may position R's better for the next election.

Of course, it won't happen.

It wasn't a wave; but it certainly is a win. The first step on the road back to political sanity. I may be a "little" too optimisitic 

Ness, history be damned? The whole Country knew he’d lose the House! Many incumbent Rs not running, redistricting, and screeching from the left for the past 2 years assured that. 

However, a 3 or 4 seat gain in the Senate is a win. Anyway you look at it. 

DoOver and Rickman like this

16 mins ago, Markushook said:

Ness, history be damned? The whole Country knew he’d lose the House! Many incumbent Rs not running, redistricting, and screeching from the left for the past 2 years assured that. 

However, a 3 or 4 seat gain in the Senate is a win. Anyway you look at it. 

The numbers of seats gained/lossed doesn't matter.  That political commentary BS.  What matters is the level of majority and that's it.  You lose the majority, and these days it doesn't matter if you lost it by 1 or 50.

Historically speaking, nice win(s) by the Republicans. The vomit eating left are only slightly more significant than they were yesterday. Not enough pissed off trannies to flip a whole branch. Try again next time after Trump wins in 2020.

39 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

You can't put lipstick on a pig.  Trump lost this election.  Parsing the number of seats lost is just Republicans making excuses and comforting themselves.

I'm not so sure that's really an accurate statement. I read a few things on other sites (without looking at the underlying data - so take it for what it is) that basically said everywhere Trump stumped, Republicans won. Where he was asked not to go, they lost. Again, I haven't verified that, but if true, it would imply that losing couldn't directly be tied to Trump and if anything, he should have spread out his reach to gain more wins. 

Back to the same old toilet they call the House of Reps. .......and the Corrupt once again get re-elected here in NJ, Mr. Menendez....some **** never changes.

11 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

The numbers of seats gained/lossed doesn't matter.  That political commentary BS.  What matters is the level of majority and that's it.  You lose the majority, and these days it doesn't matter if you lost it by 1 or 50.

If you think the size of the majority doesnt matter you were not paying attention to the whole Kavanaugh thing

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just now, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Back to the same old toilet they call the House of Reps. .......and the Corrupt once again get re-elected here in NJ, Mr. Menendez....some **** never changes.

Hugin got crushed in Middlesex, Essex, Union, Hudson, parts of Bergen, parts of Mercer and Camden counties. It's like a blue road paved from NY over to Camden. No surprise there. 

Edited by FunkyBunker
Mr. Bigdeal likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

I'm not so sure that's really an accurate statement. I read a few things on other sites (without looking at the underlying data - so take it for what it is) that basically said everywhere Trump stumped, Republicans won. Where he was asked not to go, they lost. Again, I haven't verified that, but if true, it would imply that losing couldn't directly be tied to Trump and if anything, he should have spread out his reach to gain more wins. 

A leader has to lead, everyone.  Obviously, there's a large number of people too far gone to be reasoned with, but a politician can succeed if he can lead that swath of flexible folks in the middle.  Trump has had some success.  He's a business negotiator.  But he doesn't own the tax cuts unless he want to own the spending, too.  Those cuts are Congress' and would have happened no matter what Republican was in the Oval Office.

Mouth and his thumbs lost enough seats to lose the House.

Edited by Nessmuk