Nicky Da Fish

Net Payer or Net Taker

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

So many of the political arguments here fall along the lines of not wanting tax dollars to be allocated to things we don't like and if we eliminated them then we would be able to keep our money and spend it as we see fit. The fact of the matter is that the majority of states receive more Federal tax dollars than they pay. Ironically some of the most conservative states are actually the most dependent on Federal tax dollars. Is your state a net payer or a net taker?

5be2348d63430_ScreenShot2018-11-06at7_35_52PM.png.9556df58f60baed172a7af058dbd2708.png

A taker.  And we have  no income tax or sales tax.

Do not be fooled patriots, this is precisely what the libs want.  Dont let them tell you they want it any other way.

4 mins ago, Little said:

A taker.  And we have  no income tax or sales tax.

Do not be fooled patriots, this is precisely what the libs want.  Dont let them tell you they want it any other way.

I'm not sure what you mean. Also, it looks like NH is a net payer. This is related to Federal income tax not state.

19 mins ago, ken r said:

What does deficit mean Nick?

Not sure how you mean, I never brought up deficit. This is just about how much each state pays in federal tax versus how much federal tax dollars they receive.

2 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Not sure how you mean, I never brought up deficit. This is just about how much each state pays in federal tax versus how much federal tax dollars they receive.

The legend in your chart shows deficit and surplus without saying which direction. Therefore, it's completely unintelligible. 

Are States with surpluses receiving more from the feds than they send? Or the opposite? 

1 min ago, Fishy Fisher said:

The legend in your chart shows deficit and surplus without saying which direction. Therefore, it's completely unintelligible. 

Are States with surpluses receiving more from the feds than they send? Or the opposite? 

I see, yes, surplus means the amount they receive in excess of what they pay. Deficit would be the amount they pay in excess of what they receive.

California and the northeast states are bleeding more than money. Taxpayers are running away in record numbers. 

Texas and this States around the Dakotas are pumping oil like there's no tomorrow. I'm surprised PA is not with them. If not, they will be soon.

Another thing about CA and the northeast is that they are financial centers. These are where the parasite entities are that are sucking the rest of the country dry. They're the owners of production that got stripped away from American workers and shipped of to Mexico and China, only to have their products imported back to be sold to the same people that used to make them. There's a lot of money in that game. For now. And despite all the loopholes and shenanigans they still pay a lot of taxes. 

9 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

California and the northeast states are bleeding more than money. Taxpayers are running away in record numbers. 

Texas and this States around the Dakotas are pumping oil like there's no tomorrow. I'm surprised PA is not with them. If not, they will be soon.

Another thing about CA and the northeast is that they are financial centers. These are where the parasite entities are that are sucking the rest of the country dry. They're the owners of production that got stripped away from American workers and shipped of to Mexico and China, only to have their products imported back to be sold to the same people that used to make them. There's a lot of money in that game. For now. And despite all the loopholes and shenanigans they still pay a lot of taxes. 

Too be clear, this isn't about budget deficit or surplus. States with deficits are sending their federal tax dollars to states that have a surplus. In this case the "parasites" you mention are actually supporting the majority of other states with their tax dollars.

19 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

The big blue areas are where the majority of the country’s economic activity takes place. 

6 mins ago, JohnP said:

The big blue areas are where the majority of the country’s economic activity takes place. 

Sure, and they pay taxes which go to the states that don't generate the same amount of money. This is usually a thing conservatives rail against, "why should I pay for such and such". Whenever someone in West Virginia complains about all the money wasted by California on illegal immigration they don't realize that California pays more into the federal government than they receive and that surplus gets spent on places like West Virginia.