Sharkey N Sons

Bob's Furniture Goof Proof Warranty

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

What a serious load of crap.

Here's the deal. 

My wife bought me an electric recliner back in 2014 as a birthday present and paid for the Bob's Discount Furniture Goof Proof Warranty that stated if the chair broke in any way over the next 5 years, they would either repair or replace it.  Apparently it didn't say anything about repairing it in a timely manner.

September, while recuperating from my 3 strokes, the chair gave way underneath and became impossible to sit in and would not recline at all.

Last week of September, called Bobs and got an appointment with a technician for Oct 9th.

Technician arrives and tells me he's just the picture taker.  He takes a photo of the damage and then the parts get ordered and once they arrive, I am to call AGAIN and then a REAL technician will come out and make the repairs.

Now, after almost another month, and no parts having arrived, I am being told by Bob's that it could be as long as FEBRUARY before the parts come and they have NO interest is replacing the chair.

What an absolute scam.

What the hell do those moron's think I am going to sit on while I wait for the parts to come from some place in effing Chiney I'm guessing....

Never buy the extended warranty.

I just ordered stuff from Bob's.  No extended warranty.  If it breaks, I'll fix it.

It's furniture, not a nuclear power plant.

Edited by FrankStar

23 mins ago, Sharkey N Sons said:

Here's the deal. 

My wife bought me an electric recliner back in 2014 as a birthday present and paid for the Bob's Discount Furniture Goof Proof Warranty that stated if the chair broke in any way over the next 5 years, they would either repair or replace it.  Apparently it didn't say anything about repairing it in a timely manner.

September, while recuperating from my 3 strokes, the chair gave way underneath and became impossible to sit in and would not recline at all.

Last week of September, called Bobs and got an appointment with a technician for Oct 9th.

Technician arrives and tells me he's just the picture taker.  He takes a photo of the damage and then the parts get ordered and once they arrive, I am to call AGAIN and then a REAL technician will come out and make the repairs.

Now, after almost another month, and no parts having arrived, I am being told by Bob's that it could be as long as FEBRUARY before the parts come and they have NO interest is replacing the chair.

What an absolute scam.

What the hell do those moron's think I am going to sit on while I wait for the parts to come from some place in effing Chiney I'm guessing....

Went through the same chit as you 4 years ago. https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/564604-bobs-discount-furniture-is-crap-their-service-is-worse/

Edited by Bass Ackwards

1 min ago, Dave588 said:

I have stayed away from bob's.

you probably need to write a letter to local tv's consumer assistance. When they contact bob's, you will get results.

Just like any other place.  I had Bob's,  The Dump, or Raymour and Flanagan.  R&F wanted double for the same piece of furniture, The Dump was abysmal.

If it breaks after the initial warrantee, I'll fix it.

1 hour ago, Dave588 said:

I have stayed away from bob's.

you probably need to write a letter to local tv's consumer assistance. When they contact bob's, you will get results.

What he said plus consumer affairs and better business bureau. 

3 hours ago, Sharkey N Sons said:

Here's the deal. 

What an absolute scam.

My daughter and her husband are going through this very same issue with Bob's almost word for word. Same thing with a recliner and all. 

9 hours ago, FrankStar said:

Never buy the extended warranty.

I just ordered stuff from Bob's.  No extended warranty.  If it breaks, I'll fix it.

It's furniture, not a nuclear power plant.

I'm known to be fairly handy myself and fix pretty much everything however what I don't have is a welder.  What broke is a piece of steel that is under constant stress whenever you control the chair AND seems to hold it in whatever spot you choose once you stop pressing the button.

Tough piece to fix.

I think that are Ikea sofabed was the only piece of furniture I've ever bought new. And the only reason we got the Ikea thing is that it has a removeable cover that can be laundered. That's good because of are hounds.

Otherwise, though, everything in are house was bought used. Who needs new furniture?

10 mins ago, Beachbuster said:

Bob's....The Harbor Freight of the furniture world.

Truth. I warned my daughter of this before they bought all their furniture for their new house. Some of it has held up ok so far. But it's only been 5-6 years. The leather sofa and recliner are junk already. The recliner doesn't recline and both pieces, the "leather" is all but peeled off to the point they needed to put covers on them. The drawers on the bureau's are all falling apart but can be fixed if my son-in-law gets his **** together and puts some screws in the slides.