albacized

Hit a deer (?????)

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

Driving to work this AM, turned on to a road and began to accelerate to 35 40 mph...All of a sudden, I hear a giant 'bang' on the side of my car and the side view mirror is snapped and hanging by the cable...pulled over and called the police. He says I likely hit a deer...there was no sign of anything when I backtracked a few minutes later. There are no other markings other than where it snapped. I personally thought the offending object fell from above (was driving under some over hanging trees thought it was possible a branch fell, since we just had a wind storm the other day...but once again, no evidence of that)

So, would a deer just run off back into the woods after taking a hit? It was a wooded, aqua-duct area to my left and residential homes on my right. Object hit from my left and as far as I can tell, it was a broadside hit and the front bumper was not at all involved. If it was a deer, it literally would have had to jump right into the side of my car/mirror

I'm having chit luck this past week :-(

If a deer broke off your mirror there should be deer hair inbedded in it somewhere. And yes, a deer can take a car hit and run off.

They do this stupid chit all the time. Amazes me such a beautiful, aware, critter in the woods, and then they think,I'll just do something really stupid. 

It's not built into their DNA to protect themselves from this self carnage on the highways. 

1 min ago, mitchell master said:

You called the police and said what ?

That something hit my car...the idea that it was a deer was nowhere in my head until he said that's what it was. And while I did drive the car back home, I initially didn't think I could drive the car like that

1 min ago, riverrunner said:

Fresh kills in the kingdom on occasion. Works for us.  :clap:

You need to talk to Mitchell 

3 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

You need to talk to Mitchell 

Are newest nimrod is doing just fine. He should elucidate a bit more about his current adventures. It ain't all about the killin.

It could have been just the mirror. I was driving through a parking lot and heard the same loud bang, I thought my car got hit with something. Turns out it was just the belt that adjusts the mirror. A little electric tape and I was on my way like nothing happened. Scared the crap out of me though.