richyp_

VS vs. VSX

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I've been thinking of purchasing a 200 sized Van Staal from here pretty soon.

Is there a significant difference between the VSX and the VS other than the line lay?

Also, is the line lay that big of a problem where the VSX is much more worth it? 

If you shop around enough and get alil lucky a used mechanically sound vs can be had at around 400$ .. guys tend to want more for the newer x but imo it’s not worth the extra money 

Edited by Wire For Fire

As others stated, not too much difference. Buy what you get a better deal on,

Here is a pic of my VSX250 next to an Ultegra. In that shot the VSX has better line lay than the Ultegra. The bailed VS150 looks good after a season of plugging.I did hump the line in the middle when spooling the VS .Great distance on both reels. 

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1693.JPG

IMG_2579.JPG

Given a choice i try and buy the most up to date versions. If nothing else it potentially gives you more longevity with available parts and repairs from the manufacturer. 

Since VS released there crap, bread and butter VR series, the demand for there more expensive VS/VSX series has dropped, and so did the prices. Like a lead balloon!!!!!

I say buy the older VS series.

I had the 150vsx and I honestly think the vsx=bs sold it quick for a fraction of the original price and just stuck with my US 250 VS. Newer doesn’t  necessarily means better. 

9 hours ago, DeltaHawk510 said:

I had the 150vsx and I honestly think the vsx=bs sold it quick for a fraction of the original price and just stuck with my US 250 VS. Newer doesn’t  necessarily means better. 

A very insightful post!