How long do you think Papa Gino's...

Rate this topic

bob_G

46 mins ago, gray gables said:

I like their pizza. We have one about 5 minutes from my house. Sausage an ricotta, yum, 

We like their pizza too.  I think they expanded into too many marginal locations back in the 80s. But I think time will show buying D'Angelos wasn't a good financial move.

Edited by bob_G

The Sultan of Sluggo

17 hours ago, bob_G said:

...will remain the official pizza of the New England Patriots?

until the check bounces...remember the signs on Rt 1 for CMGI Field?...then CMGI's stock went from $80 share to $0.80 and almost overnight, CMGI Field signs were replaced with Gillette Stadium signs...

1 hour ago, jettyjockey18 said:

until the check bounces...remember the signs on Rt 1 for CMGI Field?...then CMGI's stock went from $80 share to $0.80 and almost overnight, CMGI Field signs were replaced with Gillette Stadium signs...

Oh i recall. That's why I brought it up. Mr Kraft won't allow his beloved franchise to be associated with any negativity.

The Sultan of Sluggo

To answer the OP's question.....hopefully forever.   

Are there better pizza options?   We'll yeah ....sure.   I'd like to be able to get a Papa Gino's slice or pie, whenever I feel like taping into a nice slice of nostalgia.   I finally had a few slices last week after a 7-10 year span of not hitting one of their parlors.

It was good and thought...why did I wait so long.    :why: 

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

4 hours ago, troutworm said:

Subway is better than Deangelos all day long !

Really? Doesn't Subway make huge batches of the staples in the morning and scoop out the steam warmed contents all day long? I can only stomach Subway's tuna subs myself, the rest is mediocre at best. SW's steak subs are borderline dog food. D'Angelo used to be much better but they still prepare fresher and more authentic dishes than Subway. I feel better seeing a person grilling my sub fresh when I order it rather than putting an ice cream scoop in a bin.

Papa Gino's was the first Pizza I ever tasted (Cobbs corner Stoughton). Loved it in the 60's & 70's and after all these years, its still a great pie. Pizzaria Regina has set the bar as Boston's best pie IMO, but Papa's has held its own even with the massive franchise expansions. I sure hope Papa G's & D'Angelo survives.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

Daughter and I had to get something to eat while out.    Was originally thinking PGs but do you want to go in and order dinner at a restaurant that has just declared bankruptcy and abruptly closed a bunch of other locations yesterday?   I was hungry and didn't want to get kicked out before my pie was ready.

I never realized PGs was a New England based company.

DITCH TROLL