Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

SB Enforcement

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hearing from quite a few sources that during this current Sand eel bite many of the boats and including PB Fleet have been fishing in the EEZ, in case some don't know it is illegal to target bass more than 3miles from shore, I imagine some private boaters are unaware of this but it's your responsibility to know and abide by the laws and regulations.

It’s crazy to me I brought this subject up on the thread above. I can’t believe that this bull is going unchecked. Your on a boat find them it’s not that hard.  Why do guys feel the need to cheat. This is why our fishery is in shambles in my opinion. 

On 11/6/2018 at 10:10 AM, Sandflee said:

Hearing from quite a few sources that during this current Sand eel bite many of the boats and including PB Fleet have been fishing in the EEZ, in case some don't know it is illegal to target bass more than 3miles from shore, I imagine some private boaters are unaware of this but it's your responsibility to know and abide by the laws and regulations.

I called the DEC and notified them on Monday...saw this first hand over the weekend. Must have been over 100 boats out there and keeping everything. Had words with a few of the ***holes. 

These will be all the people bitching when the fishery is gone. It's a sad state for the striped bass and something needs to change NOW. 

Edited by steveL77