PG ELECTION DAY 2018 DISCUSSION

Rate this topic

306 posts in this topic

How was your voting experience today?

Observations at the polls?

Anecdotal observations?

Discussions with other voters?

Heard stuff on the news? 

I am up and getting ready to get on line for 7:00 poll opening. Will be interesting to see what lines are like. New precinct this year so no reference point to 2016 nor earlier. 

MSNBC Morning Joe squad are nationalizing the election. They are all-in on this being a referendum on Trump. 

They are also identifying races whose early results can be used, in their view, to project implifications for other races across the country. Foolish me thinks 

I will vote this afternoon after work, like always. Been doing it for a while there, same time, same place, so will have a clue on turn out locally. 

Not alot of chatter among coworkers as yet.

My wife went ahead of me. Says line is around three sides of church community center that is our place. That is the pre-7:00 line so I am waiting a few minutes before heading over. 

Old, 70+ hippy looking guy in parking lot holding a Gillum sign. Guy walks by and asks if he’s getting paid minimum wage. Response was he’s a volunteer. First guys says, "waste of time". 

Ha! 

Just came back. Crowded. Upstate NY people for the majority have common sense. The governor we have is not liked and the last president was liked even less. 

I am still on line. 

Lauren Baer who is running for House seat against incumbent Brian Mast just walked out. She doesn’t look as scary in person as the commercials against her suggest. Hahahaha

Took me an hour to clear the process. Guy in front of me and woman behind me, who have voted at this location before, said they’ve never seen it like this for mid-term elections and felt like 2016 again. 

Then my wife called me and told me when she was next on line to check-in and get ballots, person at desk was handed ballot that was already filled in. Caused quite the commotion she said, especially since ballots are scanned and then retained in the machine after you vote. She said there was a bit of a panic by the poll workers who then went through the stacks and did not find any other filled in ballots. 

Weird. 

One thing I did not do was study the judges on the ballots closely enough. Many names and no party identification next to the names. Dumb voter!

I voted.

Took me 10 minutes to find parking. The canvassers and the electioneers took up all the parking spaces near the polling site. Shame on both parties.

Took 35-40 minutes to wait online to get my ID checked.

Another 10 minutes to wait for my 4-page Florida ballot

Another 5 minutes to complete and submit.

#GOP

My polling place is pretty chill and I didn't notice much difference than years past. No issues parking. No line. Took as long as it took to get a ballot and fill it out.