Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
salt deficient

LBI state park inlet night fishing?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

The lighthouse park on the inlet, can yu fish at night.   I fished that spot coming back from cape may last spring, but it was daytime.

Looking to go down there a few days 1st weekend in December.  What would you guys guess, stripers and blues still there?

Also, how bad is it to jig over there?   Those rock look pretty shallow at low tide.  Not really sure how deep it is when you cast out there, my guess is about 15 feet around half way down the walkway.   Does the park mind if you walk past the walkway on the inlet.  I forgot if they don't allow it there or not.

Yes I you can fish there at night. You have to park out front by Andy's though. They close the gates around 6pm this time of year. You are allowed past the catwalk all the way down to the end of the jetty but be careful. It gets slippery and large waves can come out of nowhere closer to the end. December , in my experience is slow. You'd probably have better luck on lbis beaches.

I’ve fished it from the seaside side so different rules. It’s a huge inlet think the lbi side is a little more treacherous. Early December should have stripers still. Blues have stayed offshore most of the year