jetty42

Monmouth Beach - New Wall / Potential Parking & Access Issues

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2018 at 6:09 PM, fdhog said:

I love Sea Bright's "Public Access" stairs. Where the hell are you supposed to park? There is one small lot before the bridge, but others have no parking areas. Probably won't be able to park at the Cultural center in MB either.

Where did you hear about no parking at cultural center ??  Is it an actual issue or assumption ?

On 11/5/2018 at 7:03 PM, Frugal Fisherman said:

I guess that's why the fall fling wasn't at little Monmouth this year....i saw the construction. I saw it there and at Sea Bright....i hope access doesn't become as scarce as it is north of the Sea Bright Municipal Beach....I've never seen what's on the other other side of that seawall between Sandy Hook and Sea Bright Municipal

Have you really never seen whats on the other side of that wall . There are many spots and access points , just need to be up early during  the season if you wish to fish .

1 hour ago, Qwik said:

Have you really never seen whats on the other side of that wall . There are many spots and access points , just need to be up early during  the season if you wish to fish .

Ive been to one spot along the wall...it was near a bridge and clearly marked pubic access/parking.... It's such a narrow stretch of land that I've never really looked for parking on the side streets... I've been on Sandy Hook. And i kmow replenishment somewhere has buried the jetties i remember from by youth.   

But yeah, man, I've never found a place to park and get over that wall....to me, sea bright is just a town on my way to some jetties

2 hours ago, Qwik said:

Where did you hear about no parking at cultural center ??  Is it an actual issue or assumption ?

Just an assumption the way things are going.

Park in Highlands and stroll over the Bridge to Sea Bright and Sandy Hook in the off season fall thru spring.

Edited by RJ

On 12/6/2018 at 11:39 AM, RJ said:

Park in Highlands and stroll over the Bridge to Sea Bright and Sandy Hook in the off season fall thru spring.

Too much of a healthy distance for us old guys lugging gear.  When open, Parking Lot A  rules.

23 hours ago, Sheisty said:

Park on the various side streets and go over the wall. Obey the parking rules and lines for the various side streets.

That's what I do. They take most of the No Parking signs down on the side streets after Labor Day weekend, so you can find parking and climb the wall. 

On 12/6/2018 at 11:39 AM, RJ said:

On 12/7/2018 at 2:09 PM, Great Egg said:

Too much of a healthy distance for us old guys lugging gear.  When open, Parking Lot A  rules.

I'd bet the mortgage you are not older than RJ  :D

Here's the latest email I got from Monmouth Beach about the bathing pavilion. 

IMPORTANT MBBP INFORMATION

Dear Bathing Pavilion Patrons,

We would like to provide an important notice in advance of the MBBP 2019 Opening Season.

In an effort to make our parking lot at the Pavilion safer for all pedestrian traffic, especially our children, new parking rules have been instituted.

Beginning this season, parking of any mode of transportation at the Pavilion will be “back in/angled parking”.

We are aware that this may be a difficult change for some of our patrons, but we are certain that with time,

everyone will come to see the benefit of this parking stategy.

A link has been provided below as well as a diagram for your reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtfmWiJG3q4

Saw this . . . they are way overestimating the ability of the Suburban/Tahoe crews parking abilities.  As it did at Andy K's in Sea Bright, this will be a failure.  Especially when it will inconvenience some when unloading.

21 hours ago, cartopper said:

Saw this . . . they are way overestimating the ability of the General Public's parking abilities.  As it did at Andy K's in Sea Bright, this will be a failure.  Especially when it will inconvenience some when unloading.

FIFY

There are people with Civics who have no effing idea how to park.