bjelley

Line color

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I'm 63, and as they say, "...the vision dims". I like the brightest line I can find, because my leader is going to be clear anyway.

So, orange, chartreuse, red, etc.....

YMMV......

mybosox3 likes this

The guy fishing hi-vis yellow is usually catching just as many as the guy using moss green. Use a leader and it really comes down to what you find aesthetically pleasing.

I find myself using blue or white braid recently. No reason other than that's just what I happened to buy. Never really put much thought into the color of my line.

53 mins ago, Otony said:

I'm 63, and as they say, "...the vision dims". I like the brightest line I can find, because my leader is going to be clear anyway.

So, orange, chartreuse, red, etc.....

YMMV......

I’m 69 and I agree 

Otony likes this

Performance-wise I haven't noticed any difference between moss green, white, and blue camo. I usually go with white because I don't like seeing colors fade out. 

On 11/4/2018 at 9:32 PM, bjelley said:

What do you guys think the best braided line color for surf fishing is?

if you bait fish at all you want something the birds can se so they don't fly into it.

Yellow or white because of this:

7 hours ago, surffshr said:

if you bait fish at all you want something the birds can se so they don't fly into it.

I have found that the pelicans can see the hi vis yellow and bright chartreuse lines and will avoid them, both on a long cast and while fishing. If I see a bird headed toward the line, I can jiggle it, they will notice it, and veer off.

The darker color lines they don’t seem to be able to see and get entangled more often.

Nothing worse to catching a bird on your line.

Posted (edited) · Report post

JBraid multi color, cover all the bases lol. I've jigged wary salmon with it, but of course there a Flouro leader on the end. 

Edited by Skkeeter

I was out in a crystal clear lake large mouth fishing .. yellow braid tied straight to rapala and was slaying more then my buddy who was swearing up and down you needed flouro at this lake .. he was alil bitter with all the flouro chit talking i was doing