ErikT

I predict: Dems win on Tuesday

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

Perhaps I’m hedging a bit but I’ve been watching TV in the background all weekend and it’s clear the Dems will win. I will vote bright and early Tuesday morning, Republican across the board because that’s my team.  

I hope im wrong with my prediction. 

I predict that if the Democrats fail to take the house the talking heads on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC and PBS will have a meltdown of absolutely epic proportions. Van Jones will say something incredibly racist to explain the loss as will Don Lemon and doofuses like Chris Cuomo and the Wolf Blitzed will nod along in agreement in hopes of making themselves look deeply enlightened.

I'm hoping for a Democrat loss if for no reason other than to witness this spectacle.

Just now, patchyfog said:

I think Reps keep the Senate, and Dems have a better than 50/50 chance to take the House. That's unchanged from about a month ago.

Agree Patchy.

It be great if you we where wrong and the Rs kept both :D 

On 1/27/2018 at 8:25 AM, J said:

What is being exposed presently will poison the Democratic Party for a very long time, if not outright destroy it. 

Pub landslide in Nov. You heard it here first. :th: 

I've been certain of this since January if not earlier.... 

Red tsunami baby!!!!

DnoHZaoUwAAhxx-.jpg

8 mins ago, mako capt said:

I predict that if the Democrats fail to take the house the talking heads on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC and PBS will have a meltdown of absolutely epic proportions. Van Jones will say something incredibly racist to explain the loss as will Don Lemon and doofuses like Chris Cuomo and the Wolf Blitzed will nod along in agreement in hopes of making themselves look deeply enlightened.

I'm hoping for a Democrat loss if for no reason other than to witness this spectacle.

If that happens the lefty howling monkeys will be screaming for re-counts, injunctions, law suits and civil unrest. No way they take a loss like normal, civilized people. The last two years have exposed them as emotional, high-strung and socially inept in the face of adversity and readily unhinged in an instant.

14 mins ago, charloots said:

If that happens the lefty howling monkeys will be screaming for re-counts, injunctions, law suits and civil unrest. No way they take a loss like normal, civilized people. The last two years have exposed them as emotional, high-strung and socially inept in the face of adversity and readily unhinged in an instant.

Breathe, dawg. Breathe! Remember it was Donald J Trump who spent most of October 2016 winding up for his epic "rigged election" post-election campaign. And it was a Republican mob in Florida, a paid Republican operative mob, that instigated and carried out the infamous "Brooks Brothers Riot" to influence the recount there a.k.a making sure everyone got to vote. 

And it was John Kerry who manfully conceded even after voting irregularities in I think Ohio in 2004 could have given him a path to contest the election.  

So if you're saying that the Dems will take the "loss" like Republicans, I highly doubt it! Although that would have been the right way to do it in FLA in 2000. Al Gore and the Democrats were too soft during that recount, many say. 

Also, don't forget the postscript to the 2016 election where Trump said he had only lost the popular vote due to voter fraud, despite a lack of any evidence supporting this fake news accusation, and actually instituted a fake commission to find the fake evidence in order to institute fakely-justified voter suppression measures designed to rob "normal, civilized people" of their right to vote in our democracy. I would call that pretty uncivilized, imho, in terms of how civilized people generally deal with losses--especially losses in the popular vote where they still got an electoral college victory. Sad! 

Edited by Otshawytsha

13 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

"we" always let the pendulum swing too far the other way out of emotions. 

Truer words never spoken.  Every time we try to "fix" something, we lose our minds and go too far.

Ala ....  from Equal Opportunity to She Deserves To Be Believed and They Just Need  Room To Burn.

Edited by Nessmuk

If the Reps keep the House....... well........... I got my popcorn ready.

It'll be the biggest melt down since Trump won, with a chance of possibly being bigger.

The anquish will be truly hysterical.

Ah, Lordy.  How I'd love to see repeat of Rachel Maddow's last election night performance.  In fact, it may be the singular reason I hope the Dems fail.

Edited by Nessmuk

3 mins ago, Otshawytsha said:

Breathe, dawg. Breathe! Remember it was Donald J Trump would spent most of October winding up for his epic "rigged election" post-election campaign. And it was a Republican mob in Florida, a paid Republican operative mob, that instigated and carried the infamous "Brooks Brothers Riot" to influence the recount there a.k.a making sure everyone got to vote. 

And it was John Kerry who manfully conceded even after voting irregularities in I think Ohio in 2004 could have given him a path to contest the election.  

So if you're saying that the Dems will take the "loss" like Republicans, I highly doubt it! Although that would have been the right way to do it in FLA in 2000. Al Gore and the Democrats were too soft during that recount, many say. 

You lost then, you might lose Tuesday.

Get over it.

2 mins ago, Otshawytsha said:

Breathe, dawg. Breathe! Remember it was Donald J Trump would spent most of October winding up for his epic "rigged election" post-election campaign. And it was a Republican mob in Florida, a paid Republican operative mob, that instigated and carried the infamous "Brooks Brothers Riot" to influence the recount there a.k.a making sure everyone got to vote. 

Lol...you missed the lefty carnival at and following the Kavanaugh hearings. Quite the freak show. Try to catch the action on utube.