Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Nov 4 - Dec.

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

Trying to get there, hope to swing by after the holiday on return from lower Maine. Going to the surfcaster store tomorrow to pickup some goodies I ordered and an SOL auction item. If its still birdy and baity out there go for it. 

Western Soco....Monster surf out there, some birds around dipping around weekpaug area, more birds in tight east of there near a rocky stretch of beach but looked like bait only, hopefully lays down and we get a shot at a finale this weekend and next week, or maybe like in 16’ the herring come in for a quick surprise in December with some 24-36” bass  

The coldest I've ever fished for bass was 18° one January morning when I raised a few holdovers that nearly flash froze during hook release. 

Dawn temps on Turkey Day will greatly exceed that degree of cold.

Screenshot_20181119-043738_Twitter.jpg.fef00b3c114189c4127c7cb61a018216.jpg

Saltwater freezes up nasty in guides and on reel around 20-25°, so I dont expect too many guys out with raging 30-50mph Arctic gusts dropping the windchill to well below zero

rbart likes this

22 mins ago, rst3 said:

The coldest I've ever fished for bass was 18° one January morning when I raised a few holdovers that nearly flash froze during hook release. 

Dawn temps on Turkey Day will greatly exceed that degree of cold.

Screenshot_20181119-043738_Twitter.jpg.fef00b3c114189c4127c7cb61a018216.jpg

Saltwater freezes up nasty in guides and on reel around 20-25°, so I dont expect too many guys out with raging 30-50mph Arctic gusts dropping the windchill to well below zero

What happened to global warming? 

Looking like decent weather Sat-Mon so gonna hit it those days and see what happens. As long as there's bait around there should still be fish to pick at.