Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Will

Wts/wtt newell 235

20 posts in this topic

Selling for $220 shipped. Oringal p series in amazing condition with Bryan young 5+1 drag upgrade and new bearings. Paid $200 plus $30 for the drag kit. Would be willing to trade for older sweden Abu ct 6500-7000 or akios mag reels. Really dont want to sell this but I want something I'm going to use more.

15413595091972821157715825995568.jpg

15413595787476805330815236123008.jpg

15413596000238536708599049130996.jpg

Edited by Big Will

1 hour ago, XBMX said:

I have a black 6500 C3 with power handle if interested. Late 90's  has Carbontex drag stack

Those are nice! but sorry more interested in a sports mag, mag elite, etc. Really want a good distance casting reel. Already have a penn 525 mag with tournament side plate so looking for something else that's easy to cast with. Also really leaning toward 7000-7500 size if I can find one

Edited by Big Will

1 hour ago, Jim McFeeley said:

Any interest in an omoto chief extreme 630 cxs

I'd have to do some research on that reel. I dont really know much about them. I couldn't find anything line capacity wise. They look a little on the small side.

Edited by Big Will

1 hour ago, Jim McFeeley said:

I checked the box it’s 300 . I have box and extra handle . Reel is in very good condition pics if you are interested. I’d be willing to add a little cash as well

Is this the reel? So that should be 300 of 50 pound braid I think if I'm not mistaken. How does the mag control work compared to say a 525 t mag or abu? I'll have to do a little research first. I love this newell. But it's more of a collectors piece to me than something I use all the time even though it's the best reel to have if you hook a big fish. I have 300 of 80 pound braid on top of 50lb backing on it. I'm not looking for a field reel, just something easy to cast that can handle big fish and throwing 8oz and bunker heads. With my 525 knobby mag I barely have to use my thumb for braking even when throwing 12 ounces which makes it easier when I'm out there at night 

Screenshot_20181105-183144_Google.jpg

That’s the reel .The reel is incredibly tame when the mag is on fully. The reel is built for extreme distance casting. It’s very smooth however it is a 5 or 6 n bait reel as far as I am concerned. This would not be what you are looking for  if you are throwing 8 . I would definitely go up to a 7000 . 

Edited by Jim McFeeley

11 mins ago, Jim McFeeley said:

That’s the reel .The reel is incredibly tame when the mag is on fully. The reel is built for extreme distance casting. It’s very smooth however it is a 5 or 6 n bait reel as far as I am concerned. This would not be what you are looking for  if you are throwing 8 . I would definitely go up to a 7000 . 

Thanks for the info! Yeah I'm going to have to hold off for now but I'll think about it. Most of the fishing I do requires 8 ounces and a slightly bigger reel, the 7000 would probably be more of what I'm looking for. I'm usually fishing 20lb mono or 65 lb braid with around 35 feet of 50lb shock leader. 

I totally understand I wouldn’t want you to get something that you would not be happy with.  I’ve used the reel with heavy  weights and it’s just not the right tool for the job. If you wanna cast a small chunk and a 5 oz a long way this would be the reel for that duty

Bump $200. What I paid plus upgraded drag and serviced. This reel is setup perfectly. Casts great, looks great. If you collect newell's or just fish them this reel is amazing. Just really need the money at this point. 

6 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

Trade for a blue accurate LD

Sorry to but in. If Big Will isn't interested would you mind telling me what model is it and would you be willing to sell?

On 11/8/2018 at 8:36 AM, Fly By Nite said:

Trade for a blue accurate LD?  Used it once.  

or

Abu 7000 maroon

or 

Abu 8600 striper drag 

I'll probably do it for the accurate let me see pics. Was offshore couldn't answer sorry. What type of Abus are they btw? Never heard of the 8600

Edited by Big Will