saltwind78

star plazma rods vs paraflex star rods

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to decide between a paraflex and plasma star rod. I fish for grouper between one hundred and a hundred fifty feet of water off the coast of South Carolina. The plazma rods are much more expensive, but are they worth it? I am looking for a rod that can handle a hundred thirty pond test braided line, has a strong but flexible tip, beefy and light.

Edited by saltwind78
spelling errors

No idea for jigging, but I used a paraflex surf rod for a season and a half at the CCC, and it handled 100 fish over 20lbs without one issue. One of the most underrated rods in my opinion.

xjclint, Thank you for your input. The fish I am targeting are grouper in the range of twenty to forty five pounds. On occasion, I hook amberjacks in that range as well. I'm looking for a rod that can handle that. I use a hundred thirty pound test braided line, so that is the perimeter of what I need.

I had a grouper break my paraflex at the tip the first grouper strike air had. Star rods informed me that they are no longer selling that rod  because of problems with the tips. I am trying to replace it with the warrantee, and am willing to pay for an upgrade. I figure there must be a difference in performance between a paraflex and a plasma rod, because there certainly is a difference in the price,