flyangler

ELECTION MEDIA TELLS - THEY ARE BEGINNING SUNDAY

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

As I mentioned elsewhere, you can get a sense of what the Media entities political teams are telling their on-air personalities by watching the Sunday shows and Monday coverage. A sampling this morning suggests that the NBC News number crunchers and on-air guests are not all that positive about the Dems Blue Wave. And this is even with the latest WSJ/NBC poll showing the Dems +7% in the generic ballot pfeference. 

On MSNBC, at the end of the 9:00 hour, the host asked the guests for their predictions.

First question: do you think the Democrats can take the Senate? 0-4 with a couple people being skeptical the the GOP will prevail in TX, FL, NJ and WV

Second question: do you think the Democrats will take the House majority? In this case, none of the four would declare a prediction. WTF is that about? Discussion followed about the problems with polling. 

At the top of the 10:00 show, Joy Reid from Florida, first ten minutes of she and her guests is about how racist Florida Republicans are, how unveiled their racist contempt has been and how racism will be their undoing. 

They then switched to voter voter suppression in Georgia and elsewhere. 

Now, ten minutes later, they are again talking  polling and how they don’t trust polls. How voter turnout models are so difficult.

And how all this early turnout is good for Dems. 

They smell disappointment. 

Meanwhile, I think I heard that the NYTimes ran an article this weekend in Trump's woman voters. How they, contrary to many Media stories, might not be giving up on Trump. That they might be holding their noses this time, some harder than 2016, but still voting GOP. Sounded to me like a prepositioning of an excuse, though I have not read the article myself. 

Have you seen any tells this weekend? 

OK, two more things emerging from msnbc this morning.

First, Joy and her guests are WITHOUT QUESTION setting up "racism" as a reason that Gillum could come up short on Tuesday. That is will be whites' racism that will overpower Gillum's message and promise to keep him out of office. 

Second, that the Russians are tampering again to affect turnout, especially among black men. An entire ten minutes on the Russians 

9 hours ago, tomkaz said:

Second, that the Russians are tampering again to affect turnout, especially among black men. An entire ten minutes on the Russians 

From The Hill:

Trump: Democrats Will ‘Blame Russia’ if They Lose Midterms

President Donald Trump ramped up his pre-midterm rhetoric at a rally Saturday in Big Sky Country, claiming that if Democrats do poorly in Tuesday’s elections, they will simply “blame Russia.”