bob_G

New Ma hunting reg. From the ridiculous...

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

bob_G,

I am usually on the right track.  :)  

The reason you don't need to display your fishing license any more is because it upset loony libs who got  "frightened" at the sight of anything fishing or hunting.

not exactl how I remember it. .. many years ago, the new hunting license came out and it was a pale red or pale pink color... when you pinned it to your hat it looked a little too much like a turkeys head so the F&W said you didn't need to display it for safety reasons... 

3 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

not exactl how I remember it. .. many years ago, the new hunting license came out and it was a pale red or pale pink color... when you pinned it to your hat it looked a little too much like a turkeys head so the F&W said you didn't need to display it for safety reasons... 

What he said.

26 mins ago, bob_G said:

Hey, my Charlie is 11 and  I trained him with a pro. I still hunt him with an ecollar, and I still scream at him from time to time when he goes in craphead mode rather than use the collar.  But at least he poops in the woods.

I'm sorry if you feel insulted by my opinions. 

It's a very very bad thing for anyone to do to give out the impression of not liking dogs.

It's the people,  not the dogs that get under my skin.

42 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

There were several reasons I heard about....not sure any of them were all that official?

But the fishing license changed color every year....so that one doesn't seem all that rational.   They could have changed the color to anything they wanted.

But I do know many non fishermen & hunters (especially women) disliked the licenses being displayed at all....there was some kind of 'offensive' movement going on with them back then.   You would get dirty looks from some people even in Walmart where they sold them.

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, b-ware said:

Agreed 100%  Not picking up your empties is like opening a new fishing lure and throwing the package on the ground...…….littering period.  As a land owner in the past I have seen empty shells in the field picked up by hay balers and damage the knotters and also break teeth on cutter bars,  Livestock have eaten the shells and had to have them removed surgically and yet some people have trouble respecting the land.

We used to let people sight in their rifles in our gravel pit after hours as long as the picked up their brass as it would damage loader and truck tires.

Another comment was made about paper vs. plastic, well the town of Bourne, by town meeting vote, banned single use plastic bags, no big deal...………..  I personally would love to see single use Styrofoam containers banned as well as that would cut down on at least 75% of the litter...………….

But hey  who am I

I'm going to add ....freaking balloons.....everywhere you go....they're everywhere.

In the trees, in the bushes, in the water....enough with the balloons already.

Edited by Plug and teaser

2 mins ago, Plug and teaser said:

I'm going to add ....freaking balloons.....everywhere you go....there everywhere.

In the trees, in the bushes, in the water....enough with the balloons already.

Agree. I see those crazy mylar balloons in the craziest places. Often 50' in a tree.

Plug and teaser and TLap21 like this

44 mins ago, bb1 said:

There were several reasons I heard about....not sure any of them were all that official?

But the fishing license changed color every year....so that one doesn't seem all that rational.   They could have changed the color to anything they wanted.

But I do know many non fishermen & hunters (especially women) disliked the licenses being displayed at all....there was some kind of 'offensive' movement going on with them back then.   You would get dirty looks from some people even in Walmart where they sold them.

The reason being they were printed on white stock and many felt that a flash of white during deer season could be dangerous...………….

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

The places I hunt don't really have parking lots. Its often just a barway off a dirt road.

Just a footnote regarding bird dogs. 99% of bird dogs are trained as puppies to deficate off paths and roads. They're trained to go off into the woods or fields. This is something they do for life. The other day Charlie took a dump in a foot of water at the edge of a beaver swamp. :laugh:

Well never heard that before but seeing my dog takes at least three mega dumps a day I trained him to walk down to the road and poop in the storm drain...…………..

and yea sometimes I join him...…………….

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

The reason being they were printed on white stock and many felt that a flash of white during deer season could be dangerous...………….

Red, pink, white, poka dots....it doesn't matter, it's no excuse to stop forever the displaying your license.

:agree: at the minimum it let the Game wardens know at distance you had a license . I still have mine visible especially when hunting . If it offends any ones delicate sensibilities oh well. 

4 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

:agree: at the minimum it let the Game wardens know at distance you had a license . I still have mine visible especially when hunting . If it offends any ones delicate sensibilities oh well. 

I'm not buying the delicate sensibility argument. 

I don't recall that ever being mentioned back when the change was made.

It was always a safety issue.

Anyways, the change applied to fishermen too, of which there are many more.

No way they changed a law because snowflakes were offended by (mostly) fishing licenses being displayed. 

The dog crap law is silly nannystate foolishness. 

I'm pretty sure the license change was not.

Btw I love storing my license in my wallet where I never have to think about where it is.

My comment wasn't made to present an argument it being changed cuz someone got offended at the sight of a pinned on license . Another member here had mentioned it beforehand . Myself I have had members of the non hunting community see fit to voice comments . If I offend somebody to the point they feel to try to force an opinion win win . I wont play their games nor engage with dialogue with someone for doing nothing wrong. 

Mike 

3 hours ago, mikez2 said:

I'm not buying the delicate sensibility argument. 

I don't recall that ever being mentioned back when the change was made.

It was always a safety issue.

Anyways, the change applied to fishermen too, of which there are many more.

No way they changed a law because snowflakes were offended by (mostly) fishing licenses being displayed. 

That was a major point, snowflakes couldn't tell the difference between a hunting & fishing license.  Especially when many fishermen wore the same clothing!

And yes, you would get dirty looks, & snide remarks too.   And you would never know of the 'movement' if you were not part of it, contacting their representatives to complain.

All of a sudden displaying your license became a safety issue (even for fishermen)....100 yrs of displaying your license & all of a sudden they figured out it's a safety issue?

The excuse was the wrong color.  lol

Again, they could have made them any color they wanted.

And for those that have a vegetarian friend or family they will tell you those licenses made them physically & psychologically ill.  And we all know how important vegetarians (& others) are here in MA....

Not to mention a much, much, bigger group of activists who also couldn't tell a hunting from a fishing license & were 'offended' by there display in Massachusetts....the anti-gun lobby type.

Having to display your license is ridiculous, where would you put it?  Does your drivers license get displayed on the windshield of your car?  I'm liberal for the most part and kill and eat fish all the time, I don't hunt but happily get venison from my dad and brother and help them grind and package things up, and I'll push deer for them once in awhile too.  I also have a few vegetarian friends and they couldn't care less who hunts and fishes.  Dumb generalizations seem to be why everyone hates each other these days.

As far as the dog crap conundrum, pretty stupid. If you step in poop, man the eff up and wipe it off, the world isn't ending.