bob_G

New Ma hunting reg. From the ridiculous...

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Labman said:

I hunt the quail area in Myles Standish 3 to 5 times a week and yes with the amount of dogs there doing their business as soon as they leave their vehicle I don't disagree with having hunters pickup after their dogs in the parking lot but to make it work there should be trash cans at each parking lot. How many people will drive home with full poop bags in their vehicle ( dam few ). Its seems like a proposal that wasn't thoroughly thought out. As far as picking up out to 100 yards  from the parking lot will they place markers saying its ok for dogs to dump after this sign? 

Labman My view is that 100% of dog owners should carry out their own dogs waste. This irrespective  If bins are provided or not. Why should others  have to dance around in car parks avoiding dig crap it’s outrageous.

So many people who litter will often use the excuse But there are no bins.

These types would not use a bin if you shoved one under their nose.

I guess I get pissed about litter.

Mike

i particularly love when the dog crap is placed in the little blue (or pink around these parts) and leave them, not on the ground, but tied to tree branches! No, i am not kidding...

Question.

If you're a serious hunter, be it bird, deer, ducks or turkey, you've certanly had days when you spent your entire day in the woods. Dawn till dark. 

What do you do when nature calls, and you have to take a dump. Every hunter I know carries toilet paper for this specific purpose. Please don't tell me you pick it up and carry it around all day. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Question.

If you're a serious hunter, be it bird, deer, ducks or turkey, you've certanly had days when you spent your entire day in the woods. Dawn till dark. 

What do you do when nature calls, and you have to take a dump. Every hunter I know carries toilet paper for this specific purpose. Please don't tell me you pick it up and carry it around all day. 

Bury it.

The back country ethic says carry it out. May be the law in some places. 

Edited by mikez2

1 hour ago, bradW said:

i particularly love when the dog crap is placed in the little blue (or pink around these parts) and leave them, not on the ground, but tied to tree branches! No, i am not kidding...

Ive seen it all.

They hide them under rocks and logs.

They pile em up. Come back a few weeks later, it's a dog crap pyramid.

A favorite place for the pile is under signs saying clean up after your dog - or even the no dogs allowed signs.

The law is foolish but I get why people are frustrated. 

11 hours ago, Plug and teaser said:

I think what the sign basically says is.

Don't be a dick....... try to have your dogs **** away from the parking lot so we all don't have to step in it ....Thanks.

/\ My sign would read like that.

Agreed^^^^

11 hours ago, Plug and teaser said:

To any outdoor person, someone who spends almost all there free time in the outdoors.

Maybe hunting, fishing, photography, birding, or hiking just to see whats there.....or like some of us all of the above.

Dogs, and more importantly they're inconsiderate POS owners are by far the biggest problem you will run into.

I certainly don't mean you Bob, I understand where your coming from here. Just an overall observation from my experience.

Hey......agreed again^^^^^

23 hours ago, bob_G said:

But archers do gut and butcher their deer right in a parking lot right off a trail! 

Several years back Charlie (my dog) found something 50' off a path and refusrd to leave no matter how much I called him. I finallt walked over and found a fresh deer. Gutted, and only the backstrap and antlers removed. The rest was left to rot. I reported it to an EPO and took him over to see it. He told me that while its a waste of game, there no law against gutting a deer and leaving tbe rest of the animal where ever you want. 

Why would you gut a deer just to cut out the back straps? Makes no sense at all. Was there a visible arrow/bullet hole? My guess would be road kill if not.

Edited by JTR

On 11/4/2018 at 8:45 AM, snookster said:

Wow! Aside from this law being completely stupid - how will it be enforced? A new branch of government - the Poop Police?

In this state it would be a multi-member Poop Commission. :p

15 hours ago, Labman said:

Its seems like a proposal that wasn't thoroughly thought out.

Ya' think?   As with much of the scatterbrain airhead crap (excuse the pun) our fearless PC leaders come up with.

As for poop containers, this reminds me of when they took away all the 55gal. trash cans down the Canal....them complained about trash in parking lots.

Dog poop is manure....just as CO2 is plant food!  

And what does a bear do in the woods?

(BTW: there was another bear sighting @ gate#8 @ Wachusett.)  Where are the armed EPA when you need them?   lol

Saw that same sign at a WMA on Saturday.  Didn't realize it was something new.  Bayonet lug and a pooper scooper on the end of a shotgun could become a new fad.

I'm all for no dog poop in the parking lot or on the trails.  I would have thought the green crowd frown upon all the extra plastic baggies going into landfills filled with biodegradable natural substances though.  :shrug: 

Turtles ya know.

Edited by jkrock

16 hours ago, bob_G said:

Question.

Yes.  Always carry TP.

And most people I know that fish or recreate in small boats do too, and use a 5 gallon bucket.

Earlier this fall I pulled over on a rural road because my son had to take a leak.  He ran down off the side of the road into the woods to do his thing, and, of course,  a cop pulled up next to me and asked if everything was ok.  I told him why I was pulled over and he said "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that".

Really?  Ok.   Pretend away

I understand if you were out in the brush hunting birds and your dog needs to do it business you shouldn't have to pick it up but if its on a the path then 100% you should pick it up. Im a hiker and mountain biker and it ticks me off that people don't have the common courtesy to pick up after there dog.Have you ever run over a steaming pile on a bike? Its not fun things go airborne when flung off a tire. I speak from experience. I also think the horse riders should have to pick up after themselves. Ive been on trails after a few hores have gone by and had to walk off the trail into the brush to get around all the crap. Im not expecting them to bag it up and carry it out but would it be to much trouble to stop and move it off the trail? I think if we all had a little courtesy for our fellow trail users and picked up or atleast moved the poop off the trail into the brush we wouldn't have these stupid unenforceable laws. Thats my rant agree or disagree but what it comes down to is I don't want someone pet's s**t on me or my shoes.

I can see people complaining about dog crap in and around a parking area, but in the woods?

I can see a riveting episode of "North Woods Law" where the stake out a parking area for "poop droppers".

If they are so concerned about animal droppings in well traveled areas, maybe they could focus their attention on the many (and I mean MANY) parks that are polluted with goose crap. They can delegate these birds as a
"protected" species but can be concerned that they are crapping EVERYWHERE!

To paraphrase a common complaint, maybe they should take care of their own business before sticking their nose into ours?

On 11/4/2018 at 10:34 AM, bumknee said:

snookster

"Wow! Aside from this law being completely stupid - how will it be enforced? A new branch of government - the Poop Police?"

In this state, there will be a Poop Police commissioner with a state car and several vice deputy executive commissioner job titles all making over a 100 grand on the state dole to enforce the unchecked pooping. Poop Patrol!

I think I would be outstanding in this capacity..

patchyfog likes this